• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

BF2 Korean War Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Battlefield: Korea mod - Mod DB <<< Yes, it's being created ATM!

The Battlefield 2-modification "Battlefield: Korea" deals with the Korean War (1950 - 1953), which is also known as "Forgotten War". The main fractions are: (UN) US, South Korea against North Korea and China. Most weapons and vehicles which used in the Korean War became famous during WWII (T-34/85, PPSh-41, M1 Garand, M1/M2 Carbine,...) but there were also innovations - for instance weapons and tanks which were developed during WWII but came to late to gain significance (i.e. the M26 Pershing tank or the 3.5" M20 Super Bazooka) or jets which were used by both sides in big quantities for the first time (F-80 Shootingstar, F-86 Sabre, MiG-15,..) Our goal is an adequate mix of realism and 'simple gameplay' focusing on historical accuracy and fun

waffen.jpg

Aniallator

Wow, that looks really cool! The Korean War truly is the Forgotten War... sandwiched between WW2 and Vietnam, people sadly tend to forget about it. For me, in an FPS, it'd be awfully strange to use WW2-era small arms as jets fly over :D But when you think about it, the Korean War really was fought with all the same weapons as WW2, just some improvements to a few of them.

Roughbeak

Long time no see, how are you guys doing? :D

Regarding this thread, I'm glad they got the mod going again (it was pure dead for a while there), it sure looked promising!

FlyingR

Long time no see, how are you guys doing? :D

Regarding this thread, I'm glad they got the mod going again (it was pure dead for a while there), it sure looked promising!

All good in this side of the world! How about you? Still modding for FH2?? :)

It's about time someone did a game/mod about the Korean War! [MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION], I completely agree with you, it's quite weird actually! :p

Aniallator

Good to see you on the forum again, [MENTION=1109]Roughbeak[/MENTION] :) Yeah, you still developing FH2?

About the Korean War mod, I saw the devs are talking about making it a minimod for PR, which would be awesome! Especially seeing as they have all kinds of WW2 weaponry that vanilla PR doesn't, though when you think about it, vanilla PR already has the DP-28, Mosin, PPSh-41, and TT-33 for insurgents... plenty for a PR: WW2 eastern front.

FlyingR

Good to see you on the forum again, @Roughbeak :) Yeah, you still developing FH2?

About the Korean War mod, I saw the devs are talking about making it a minimod for PR, which would be awesome! Especially seeing as they have all kinds of WW2 weaponry that vanilla PR doesn't, though when you think about it, vanilla PR already has the DP-28, Mosin, PPSh-41, and TT-33 for insurgents... plenty for a PR: WW2 eastern front.

That would be great! Very cool! They are also making Faklands! And now they will add planes to PR:WWII: Mustang, Bf109 and Stuka!! So excited for that! :D

Aniallator

That would be great! Very cool! They are also making Faklands! And now they will add planes to PR:WWII: Mustang, Bf109 and Stuka!! So excited for that! :D

Oh sh*t, really?! I heard they were remaking the Falklands minimod, but planes for PR:WW2! Bf 109 and P-51, meh, but the Stuka baby! That's going to be awesome :D

FlyingR

Oh sh*t, really?! I heard they were remaking the Falklands minimod, but planes for PR:WW2! Bf 109 and P-51, meh, but the Stuka baby! That's going to be awesome :D

Yeah and for Falkland they want to add ships! :D The PR team are doing an amazing job, for real.

Aniallator

Yeah and for Falkland they want to add ships! :D The PR team are doing an amazing job, for real.

Ships! Oh man, that could be awesome :D I'm so thankful the PR team is such a hardworking and dedicated group of guys, seeing as PR really is a pretty ancient game. Nothing will ever replace it, IMO.

FlyingR

Ships! Oh man, that could be awesome :D I'm so thankful the PR team is such a hardworking and dedicated group of guys, seeing as PR really is a pretty ancient game. Nothing will ever replace it, IMO.

Definitely! It's very crazy how they are doing it for free and still working and branching out to other periods. Many players are still on it to this day... I really hope TW gets as many loyal players for many years to come.

AfterDune

We don't have enough assets for a British faction and no resources to create new things. But there's still plenty of things to do for the existing factions.

Aniallator

[MENTION=1495]AfterDune[/MENTION] are you developing the Korean War mod separately, or as a PR minimod like PR:WW2? Or can you not say at this time :p

Anthony817

Hello everybody. Mod leader here. Glad to see you guys interested in the project.

I must clarify a few things though first. While we did plan to merge with PR a few months ago, our team has since grown exponentially, and we decided we are going to stay separate, and release as a stand alone exactly how PR is stand alone from BF2 now. This way, we hope to get way more players online at a time. Don't worry though, we just got a new coder on team, who is itching to implement some awesome features for us, like the ability to deploy and mount our LMG's on standing walls or in window sills among a plethora of other awesome things.

We still share a lot of content with PR however, and I gave them our latest build from 2009 right when development stopped the first time, so if there was anything PR needed to use from us they can. If you guys played PR over the years, their old Greasegun was actually our model, before they redesigned it. Our US weapons were used in PR:WW2, and a lot was used in PR:V as well as regular PR. For this reason, they completely revamped most of our weapons with some amazing animations and sounds. We hope to continue to make a realistic game, but just know that we have our own weapon dynamics different from PR, so they will feel different from they do in there. Still have lots of recoil so it should please hard core gamers.

Rest assured, we are pretty ambitious, and we will have lots of similarities with PR, but we still want to make it accessible to people that aren't into mil-sims. We are trying to make it about halfway between FH2 and PR realism, so more realistic than FH, yet not as technical as PR. I hope this brings in players from both games, and will give us more gamers for this decision, while not alienating PR players.

We will have historical battles, and lots of factions, and yes, I want the UK in the mod for sure. But first we will get our US Army and US Marines rigged next, then we will move on to PVA/PLA and ROK forces finally before we start on the UK. We already have a Sten in game which the Chinese use so they can have that as a start.

We are still looking for people to join our team, so if anybody here can help us out, be it with even simple things like Public Relations duties or map creation to content creation and voice overs, we need all the help we can get.

Any questions you fellas got, I would love to answer so just shoot them at me.

Aniallator

Awesome [MENTION=4102]Anthony817[/MENTION]! The KW mod sounds amazing, and glad to hear you guys are still sticking to some realism :) Best of luck!

Anthony817

Yeah, like PR, out tanks do also require a full crew to operate effectively. I watched Fury again for the 2nd time last night, so I can't wait for our Easy 8 Sherman to get added to the game. Tanks played a HUGE part of the Korean War, so we plan on making ground combat exciting and epic.

When we do eventually get the UK added, Gloster Hill is what I want to make their forces shine. I have been wanting that battle for a long time now, as that would be the most epic way to get the UK featured. It is funny that was mentioned by B.Kavanagh.

Well, we still have a lot ahead of us, and we are pretty ambitious as always.

Btw, we were going to have our old animator Chad509 on to help develop our animations, as I am sure you guys know him as he also worked on TW. He got his start with BFK but he is super busy so we had to replace him as he hasn't the time currently.

Also, have you guys heard from Sir Apple in a while? He is another TW dev that used to post on our old Battlefield: Korea forums. He and I were good friends back in the day but we lost contact with each other over the years.

FlyingR

Yeah, like PR, out tanks do also require a full crew to operate effectively. I watched Fury again for the 2nd time last night, so I can't wait for our Easy 8 Sherman to get added to the game. Tanks played a HUGE part of the Korean War, so we plan on making ground combat exciting and epic.

When we do eventually get the UK added, Gloster Hill is what I want to make their forces shine. I have been wanting that battle for a long time now, as that would be the most epic way to get the UK featured. It is funny that was mentioned by B.Kavanagh.

Well, we still have a lot ahead of us, and we are pretty ambitious as always.

Btw, we were going to have our old animator Chad509 on to help develop our animations, as I am sure you guys know him as he also worked on TW. He got his start with BFK but he is super busy so we had to replace him as he hasn't the time currently.

Also, have you guys heard from Sir Apple in a while? He is another TW dev that used to post on our old Battlefield: Korea forums. He and I were good friends back in the day but we lost contact with each other over the years.

Very interesting! It's great to have devs that truly have great experience working in TW and BF:K! Do you guys have an ETA when the mod will come out? And why did you guys decide not to work with PR? In my opinion I see it as being efficient in the way everything is together and updates would be done all with the same launcher, plus the devs and the community could support each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.