• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Character Artist - Want to join you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyesore

I tried doing the sign up page but it kept giving me errors so here is some of my work.

heres a few anime spiderman versions of mine i was making.

-
i also do a little mapping

tell me what you guys think?? I would love to join as a character modeler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Apple

Hey, welcome to the forums :). Apologies if the application page isn't working yet, we are making a lot of dramatic changes with the website but are coming to a close with them.

Good character artists are hard to come by but you clearly have talent in your work. Your modeling appears to be very nice, however texturing isn't quite there yet (judging from your shared work that is) - from the work examples you've shown, your more into modeling I assume (which is fine if you are)?

You will be contacted very soon via PM by myself and or General Naga :).

Thanks,
Apple

Last edited:

eyesore

Yes I am more interested in modeling at the time, I would prefer just to model characters/weapons. I am on par with my weapons as iam with my characters. Am I in?

VonMudra

Well, I'm just a lowly researcher, so I can't say :p However, I have brought the thread to the attention of our mod leader, Naga, for his perusal. :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Sorry eyesore you got caught up in a major site upgrade (13hrs without a break). You should find the application form is now available and working for you - if you have any further problems please feel free to contact me directly via PM.

Your previous work is very impressive - I would certainly recommend submitting an application. ;)

eyesore

ok i did the recruiment and I must say this is a VERY nice looking design for a website - kudos whoever did it.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
ok i did the recruiment and I must say this is a VERY nice looking design for a website - kudos whoever did it.

I'm guilty for that one - so thanks ;) It's still a bit rough around the edges in places but that will be sorted out over the next few weeks.

I've got your application and will get back to you later today.

Last edited:

eyesore

my email didnt have the NDA document... what or where am I supposed to sign? Also this makes me very very excited to work with you guys with how professional you are. Good team, great website (a bad website can kill a mod, but this one is amazing) even NDA agreements, very professional.

Do I just reply to the email and say I agree or something? There is no file attached.

Sir Apple

Oh the pdf? You can't sign the pdf, hmm, there should be something you can sign with in the email or an external file. If your not positive though wait for Naga to come around shortly and he'll set you straight. Its been a very long time since I've seen the application stuff as its not my forte :).

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Haha, glad you like how this mod works! Naga did all off it and made it look really professional, at first I was afraid it might scare off some people (like when I did my application I was sort of amazed by everything and doubted I would be good enough :p) but now I see positive feedback all the time.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
You have to print out the document, sign it & then scan it back in. If you have any problems drop me a PM.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Is signing it with a Wacom tablet allowed? Most texture artists have one of these so maybe thats a solution for him, you can draw your signature on it.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It is preferable to sign it by hand.

It's technically ok to sign electronically but signing by hand is more definite, far more symbolic as well as being easily recognisable as being legally binding, hence our preference for a handwritten signature these days. Electronically it doesn't feel like it has the same gravitas ;)

Last edited:

eyesore

ok, will do sometime this week,. Again I'm really impressed with how you guys got this thing together, extremely pro, I can tell this mod will go somewhere. With how motivated vibe i get from this place I think it will go all the way. Considering everything goes to plan and becomes popular are there plans to release on steam for profit or create an actual studio?

Status
Not open for further replies.