• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

First Attempt at Modelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

As the title says my first attempt at modelling - a snowman. :)
The arms do look hideous though, buttons in the middle somehow look strange also. :p

snowman1.jpg

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Not bad for a first attempt.... I wonder perhaps we should start a first attempt thread to share our first (or earliest we can find) models. Could be amusing to see how horrible some of the senior artists started out ;)

_Franky_

I don't have any more of my really old stuff due to an HDD checking out a few years ago. But maybe I can dig up my first go at making a low poly character... :)

Edit: Actually, I just checked. I think it has been lost forever.

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
There have been quite a few casualties during development haven't there - last time I counted up it stood at 5 HDDs, 3 GPUs, 2 Motherboards and a PSU.

Returning to the topic in-hand - perhaps try a hard-body object next - they're easier than organic :)

Roughbeak

Mainly the CE3 SDK, which makes maps and does other cool things + it's totally free. :) Also 3ds Max is used for making models and stuff.
CE3 SDK

I have been working on this SDK for months now, trying to improve my skills further to become a dev here. ;)

For the past couple of weeks I have been working on a "Normandy" stylish map, but it is not finished quite yet. Still I am getting antsy to show it a bit...
The far horizons will change, they look a bit flat. ;)

[MENTION=1426]Alex[/MENTION] Don't worry, I was once like that.... Matter of fact when I first started up the Editor I didn't even know where the objects were. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.