• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Forum suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Hey, here is a suggestion for the forum.
First of all let me start by saying I suffer from a genetic condition wich causes me to be in a way visually impared.
Now I can see colours just fine, but what I have dificulties is when there are some small differences, like a slightly different gardient.
It is not caused by my ayes, but my brains inability to process some visuall data, so I sometimes in a way "know" I am not seeing something, because my brain is getting the data it isn't processing properly.

Now this does kind of oppose a problem when I read the forums because of the way it displays threads with new messages.
Specificly because it simply makes the text bold, and it does it in a way where there is a clear difference for some people, but for me it can at times be hard to locate the post, in the http://www.tractionwars.com/forum.php i see the little icon on the left being coloured, but some times I simply am not able to find the post, and end up simply opening first 5-6 threads.

Now my suggestion is to have the indicator in the palce where a little envelope is located, on the left side.
It can even remain an envelope!
Simply making it that gray envelope means "No new posts" and clear white envelope means "Hey somebody posted something awesome here, go read it" would make using the forums allot more easier for people like me.

With kind regards.
Josip Pejčinvič

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Thank you for the reply :)
Also I found a small bug on the website.

Uhh, What is the this?

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Thank you for your idea [MENTION=1505]Pjosip[/MENTION] , we'll look into a solution. I'm thinking our forum isn't the best for other colour/visual problems, we'll see what we can do :)

And "what is this?" It's the time the forum goes by. It links to the answer.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
@calgoblin
No the popup literally says "What is the this?" instead of "What is this?"
I am just doing what I do best, reporting bugs :)
I might not be a part of the team, but I sure as hell can try to help in any way possible :)

Also good morning everyone :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Thanks for pointing the issue out [MENTION=1505]Pjosip[/MENTION]. Now that I look at it I can see exactly what you mean.

I'll try to take a look at the readability issue sometime this week. Would you be willing to help test the changes so we can come up with something that looks good and is effective for you?

In the meantime you can usually spot a thread with changes by the little arrow icon to the right of the title. Not great but it might help you while we come up with an alternative.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Ah thank you I never noticed the arrow.
And surely I will help in any way possible, that's why I am here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.