• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Hey you! I see you lurking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

I played a round of H&G for the first time in a long time a few weeks ago... the game looks very different now, and almost feels like Battlefield. It's not really fun to play, though. Not to mention, the lack of the remotest sense of historical accuracy or realism is just painful.

Speaking of lacking historical accuracy, what's with the StG 44s in PR:WW2? That really annoyed me... I mean come on, StG 44s in Normandy?

Africandave

Lets be honest, how many people are here who came from Heroes and Generals. ;)

Many MANY I am sure ;)... but it is the same with all WW2 games now - I would commonly see HNG players on War Thunder, WOT, COH 1/2.
I do not really visit the forums for these games but I imagine it would be similar.

drummer93

Speaking of lacking historical accuracy, what's with the StG 44s in PR:WW2? That really annoyed me... I mean come on, StG 44s in Normandy?

And americans have M26 Pershings. One of the most funny and weird things that I saw in gameplays was americans building pillboxes in Omaha :p

FlyingR

Honestly I'm not complaining, it's one of the best WWII shooter we have so far (and free) until TW comes out! If I'm not wrong they are taking models from other games and such since there aren't enough people or enough time to make it all. Plus is still in BETA release, there will be more updates to come so let's give them some time and meanwhile enjoy it! :)

Pascucci

And americans have M26 Pershings. One of the most funny and weird things that I saw in gameplays was americans building pillboxes in Omaha :p

The game "Project Reality: WW2 contains novel approaches to the historically accurate genre of World War Two shooters. Through their deft lack of use of historical resources, they have crafted an exquisite display of popular mythos and sheer fantasy, showing off what for many is the true, artistic reality of the Second World War, and displacing the realities of historical consensus and research.

drummer93

The game "Project Reality: WW2 contains novel approaches to the historically accurate genre of World War Two shooters. Through their deft lack of use of historical resources, they have crafted an exquisite display of popular mythos and sheer fantasy, showing off what for many is the true, artistic reality of the Second World War, and displacing the realities of historical consensus and research.

it is a good analysis. Anyway I played it today and I had fun, but as [MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION] said, "I'm just allergic to historical inaccuracy"

FlyingR

it is a good analysis. Anyway I played it today and I had fun, but as @Aniallator said, "I'm just allergic to historical inaccuracy"

Hahaha guys, you have all been playing all your life 99.9% of historical inaccurate games! I'm sure you guys didn't say that when you played the first COD, MOH or BF1942 xD

Aniallator

Hahaha guys, you have all been playing all your life 99.9% of historical inaccurate games! I'm sure you guys didn't say that when you played the first COD, MOH or BF1942 xD

Oh god, just remembering the first time I played CoD and thinking how cool it was xD

drummer93

yes it's true. But think about this: over the years (thanks to internet too) we have more and more information, and in some point the people became more demanding about the technical and historical accuracy. For example, my father is very fan of the tv serie "Combat", and he say "when I was a child, I didn't know how were the german tanks. They put an M60 american tank with a black cross and I thought that was real ww2 german tank. Now I see modern movies and tv series, and is very very different". PR is supposed to be a realistic game. What is the point to put a Pershing in Normandy? It's because a Sherman can't face a Tiger? It's because they think that the Sherman sucks? I don't know :/. I repeat, I played some matches yesterday and I had a lot of fun, but it's a shame, because PR have an awesome combat system, and this things take away immersion. I don't pretend be cruel or something like that, it's only my review
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine Forgotten Hope 2 with the realistic combat system of PR O.O. It could be cool haha

Last edited:

FlyingR

yes it's true. But think about this: over the years (thanks to internet too) we have more and more information, and in some point the people became more demanding about the technical and historical accuracy. For example, my father is very fan of the tv serie "Combat", and he say "when I was a child, I didn't know how were the german tanks. They put an M60 american tank with a black cross and I thought that was real ww2 german tank. Now I see modern movies and tv series, and is very very different". PR is supposed to be a realistic game. What is the point to put a Pershing in Normandy? It's because a Sherman can't face a Tiger? It's because they think that the Sherman sucks? I don't know :/. I repeat, I played some matches yesterday and I had a lot of fun, but it's a shame, because PR have an awesome combat system, and this things take away immersion. I don't pretend be cruel or something like that, it's only my review
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine Forgotten Hope 2 with the realistic combat system of PR O.O. It could be cool haha

Yes I know what you mean! But currently it's one of the most realistic games at the moment. The good thing with this is that now there are many developers that do want to make a really realistic game (TW, FE, ARMA, etc.). The thing is, as I mentioned above is that the Devs of PR used existing models because there wasn't enough time or developers to actually make the Shermans (from what I've understood). Again, it's BETA, so maybe for the actual release or next update they will make it right!

FH2 plus PR would be amazing... Maybe we should wait for SQUAD to make a WWII mod! For me though, I want to see PR:WWII or TW make warplanes! I want a Spitfire!!!!!

drummer93

I don't pretend to be obsequious, but I think that TW have a real opportunity to do what we really want. A game with a realistic combat system and historical accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.