• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

High hopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew3

This game looks good, and it amazed me that it was free to play!. I mean the 2 kickstarter ww2 games have made hundred of thousands of dollars,, i would pay for this even if just a small amount since it actually looks realistic.

Keep working on this game, ww2 games will always be the most authentic shooter's.

drummer93

Welcome to the community @matthew3.

The team don't accept money (yet). Maybe in the future will be a donation system or something like that, but they are doing this because they like games and because they are interested about WWII.

We hope you spend good times here.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome to the community [MENTION=3611]matthew3[/MENTION] :) We hope you will love the game as much as we do.

Heroes and Generals is stagnating, and the forums over there are toxic. In a tongue and cheek sort of way. Hilarious some of them, but mostly at the developers expense. The game devs are out of touch with their own community. 3 years in development, and little to show for it.

Days of War looks even worse. All it has going for it is that its still brand new. Heroes and Generals has a really neat war mechanic, but its underdeveloped.

This game seems to have a more historically minded dev team, and that is a major part of why H&G is broken. So cheers to this one making it up the beach this time.

The big leaders at the moment are War Thunder for the most fantastic mechanized and aircraft physics of any WWII game. And Red Orchestra II for the best combat mechanics of any WWII shooter out at this time. Red Orchestra is pushing most modern shooters off the map combat wise.

IDK if these free to play games will be able to get anywhere close to the level of these established giants. Red Orchestra is pay to play, making them less approachable to those not already entrenched in the WWII scene, and War Thunder lacks infantry roles, so its sort of just an arena style shooter rather than a war game.

I will miss Heroes and General's War mode. Its nice, but not finished, and doesn't make up for everything else wrong with the game. What is really killing the player base is just the lack of progress. Its been near 4 years for some players in that game. The problems with the game aren't as disheartening as the lack of progress.

Good luck...what ever company is making this game... Yall need a name. Like Team... Somthing...stuff... GG guys.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome to the community [MENTION=3630]Rolf Mutzelburg[/MENTION]. We couldn't make a WW2 game without doing the history properly - it just wouldn't feel right.

Simon

@Simon - the best xD

Everyone in class says that (sometimes) idk why. It's just the way I am.

I am friendly but if you **** me off I can hurt your 10 generations back. But that's very rare.
Probably because I'm always friendly to schoolmates and not like someone who's like you can't lend my stuff. I even give my books to people to copy if they need it xD

Killen

Everyone in class says that (sometimes) idk why. It's just the way I am.

I am friendly but if you **** me off I can hurt your 10 generations back. But that's very rare.
Probably because I'm always friendly to schoolmates and not like someone who's like you can't lend my stuff. I even give my books to people to copy if they need it xD

Of course, everyone tries to survive in class >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.