• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

HMS Marulken - A true WWII submarine sim!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummer93

FlyingR said:
There had to be a first person version of this!

You had never played Silent Hunter right? xD

It seems good. I'll download it, and then I'll write here what I think. I like the idea of multi crew and cooperation. Maybe the thing that call my attention in a special way is the communication system. I want to use the telegraph!

FlyingR

You had never played Silent Hunter right? xD

It seems good. I'll download it, and then I'll write here what I think. I like the idea of multi crew and cooperation. Maybe the thing that call my attention in a special way is the communication system. I want to use the telegraph!

Heard of it, but never new how it worked. This is the way games should be like!

.-.. . - ... / .--. .-.. .- -.-- :D

drummer93

Heard of it, but never new how it worked.

It is an excellent submarine simulator saga, and with the great amount of mods that it has, the team of HMS Marulken will have to make a very very good job to surpass it. To be honest, it not has nothing that really surprise me. It needs a lot of work yet, I know, but with my first impression and not making a very deep analysis, the inside and the outside seems much better in SH. The only evident difference between this and SH is the multi crew. SH has an AI crew, but maybe as I read, is something that HMS Marulken will implement too because of community petition.

Silent Hunter 5 was the last of the saga. It is not the best one (SH 3 is), but with mods it became a very potent simulator. And talking about 1st/3rd person and beauty graphics:

Last edited:

FlyingR

Oh wow, Silent Hunter does look good! It would be awesome to have multiplayer or co-op for that!

In other hand, it seems that the Kickstarter campaign is not going well

Yeah, halfway to the objective with one week left... Oh well, I thought it was going to be a novelty, shame it isn't,

drummer93

FlyingR said:
Oh wow, Silent Hunter does look good! It would be awesome to have multiplayer or co-op for that!

It has multiplayer. Each player control a U-Boot. It hasn't multi crew, that's the difference.

FlyingR said:
Yeah, halfway to the objective with one week left... Oh well, I thought it was going to be a novelty, shame it isn't,

It is, and it's not xD. I mean, SH saga was very acclaimed, and is very difficult to compite against that making a similar game.

UBOOT is a novelty, because it is a totally different game. Luckily the Kickstarter finished and they were close to success the third goal ($38.188 of $40.000), duplicating the first goal ($20.000). We will have german voices and maybe special equipment and Type IX U-boats :)

drummer93

hahaha I don't know how he did it. Use that cannon is f*cking annoying

They will implement this

I have to say that the hatch used to go on deck, If I'm not wrong, is the ammo depot. Indeed, there is no hatch in that site in the U-Boot Type VII.

As you can see in this image, the hatch that I'm talking about is the number *100*, described as "Tight container for ready to use 88 mm ammo"

Spoiler:

(open the image in other tab to see it in detail)

drummer93

well it seems they will make some important changes, a different game:

"Hello everyone!
We have some very important news. The game has been successfully funded, but not through Kickstarter. We have established a partnership with Subsim, one of the biggest submarine simulator communities.
After discussing with the Subsim community we have decided on some changes to the game that deviate somewhat from what we have promised in this kickstarter campaign. Because of this, we have decided to cancel this Kickstarter campaign. We don’t want to make any promises we don’t keep, so we feel that cancelling the campaign is the right thing to do.
The changes will not affect the game mechanics, but does affect the story and setting. We have decided to not make a alternative history game about Sweden, and instead make on a more realistic, German U-boat game. This decision will be a disappointment for some, and please others. This is why we have decided to cancel the Kickstarter and start off on a clean slate.
The new version of the game will have a new name, which will be revealed soon. It will feature co-op game play with dynamically generated missions. The players will man a type VII German U-boat.
For those of you that want early access, the game will be released as an early access game on Steam, when the new type VII U-boat interface is implemented.
Thank you so much for supporting us, and we hope that you will follow the development of the new project! Updates and details will be available on the facebook page and also here: HMS Marulken - SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
Best regards

Einar and Oscar"

FlyingR

well it seems they will make some important changes, a different game:

"Hello everyone!
We have some very important news. The game has been successfully funded, but not through Kickstarter. We have established a partnership with Subsim, one of the biggest submarine simulator communities.
After discussing with the Subsim community we have decided on some changes to the game that deviate somewhat from what we have promised in this kickstarter campaign. Because of this, we have decided to cancel this Kickstarter campaign. We don’t want to make any promises we don’t keep, so we feel that cancelling the campaign is the right thing to do.
The changes will not affect the game mechanics, but does affect the story and setting. We have decided to not make a alternative history game about Sweden, and instead make on a more realistic, German U-boat game. This decision will be a disappointment for some, and please others. This is why we have decided to cancel the Kickstarter and start off on a clean slate.
The new version of the game will have a new name, which will be revealed soon. It will feature co-op game play with dynamically generated missions. The players will man a type VII German U-boat.
For those of you that want early access, the game will be released as an early access game on Steam, when the new type VII U-boat interface is implemented.
Thank you so much for supporting us, and we hope that you will follow the development of the new project! Updates and details will be available on the facebook page and also here: HMS Marulken - SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
Best regards

Einar and Oscar"

Even better! :D

They say they will keep the same game mechanics but will co-op still be for 3 people? :confused:

drummer93

I'll see where this goes before I'll trow my money at it, but yeah I will certainly buy it if it does takes off successfully!

I think he is talking about the demo, it is free.

Fortunately they will have some kind of advise from the people of Subsim. I think they can do a great job now.

Status
Not open for further replies.