• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

How many nation will be in this game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

How many nations will be in this ? Britian and Germany, anything else, or just this two ?

MausRatte

For now, just Britain and Germany. In the future I do believe that America will be added. I've been told that they hope that they can do Soviets and Italy, but that is very, very distant.

drummer93

For now, just Britain and Germany. In the future I do believe that America will be added. I've been told that they hope that they can do Soviets and Italy, but that is very, very distant.

mmm I think that Soviets and Italy wont be possible. They will do a game in Chapters, maybe between D-day and Berlin in western front

MausRatte

Chapter 1 will contain Britain and Germany.

Will each battle be unique? As in when you miss a battle you can't play it? How will it work? So far I feel like this game is literally the same thing as RO2 (Except in a different theatre), which isn't a bad thing, I just want to know how the grand scale of things will work. After chapter 1 will we not be able to do chapter 1 battles?

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
More powerfull germans that will win all battles with superior weapons and complain about British weapons being over powered XD
Jokes aside MusRatte's question s very good ndeed.

VonMudra

Will each battle be unique? As in when you miss a battle you can't play it? How will it work? So far I feel like this game is literally the same thing as RO2 (Except in a different theatre), which isn't a bad thing, I just want to know how the grand scale of things will work. After chapter 1 will we not be able to do chapter 1 battles?

Think of the "Chapter" concept as just expansions that are built around a certain game theme- they will only update and add to the game. Chapter One deals with Infantry combat and mostly early-campaign stuff. Chapter 2 will add more tank heavy themes, with more vehicles/tanks, tank maps, etc. Beyond that, hard to say. We do plan on finishing the entire Normandy theater, both British and American sectors, before moving on to another campaign/theater like Market Garden or Italian Campaign stuff.

As long as there are developers willing to work on this game, the possibilities are endless. We could even have Norwegians or Belgians at some point.

MausRatte

Think of the "Chapter" concept as just expansions that are built around a certain game theme- they will only update and add to the game. Chapter One deals with Infantry combat and mostly early-campaign stuff. Chapter 2 will add more tank heavy themes, with more vehicles/tanks, tank maps, etc. Beyond that, hard to say. We do plan on finishing the entire Normandy theater, both British and American sectors, before moving on to another campaign/theater like Market Garden or Italian Campaign stuff.

I feel that doing Italy will be very original, as for I've never seen it done, but it may not be too popular. Going for the Soviet vs. Germans would be a less original idea but it is proven fun. I don't know, either are fine with me.

Aniallator

I feel that doing Italy will be very original, as for I've never seen it done, but it may not be too popular. Going for the Soviet vs. Germans would be a less original idea but it is proven fun. I don't know, either are fine with me.

I'd play Italy!

litchu

Call of Duty 1 United Offensive has Italy and others such as Belgium and Russia. It's a good play while you're waiting

Harper

I feel that doing Italy will be very original, as for I've never seen it done, but it may not be too popular.

+1
Seeing the Italians portrayed would be quite interesting and really set the game apart from the rest. I don't think I have ever seen it done either (or at least not well enough to remember). But that is up to the devs, who knows what the future holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.