• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Magazine cutoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

retfarcimak

The title of this post pretty much says it all. Could a magazine cutoff system be added, for instance, for the lee-enfield rifle? I know that some weapons during WW2 had them, even if it was just a holdover for some of them. (such as the french MAS-36 bolt action rifle, which saw use in Dunkirk IRL) This, if implemented, may be able to serve as a sort of +1 system, or even as it could have been used in real life: Fire one shot, reload, repeat, if enemies rush you, magazine cut off goes, and there you go, you already have a full 10 round magazine left, even if you just fired. It seems like it could add to the team aspect as well, allowing people to use a sort of firing technique reminiscent of the British muzzle loader tactics. Whether or not it will be added depends on the developers, but it seems like it would be a fun concept to explore in the game. ^^
http://www.jaybe-militaria.co.uk/ek...939-with-magazine-cut-off-sold-[5]-2326-p.png
This is a picture of the lee-enfield rifle. The magazine cutoff can be seen in the picture, the tab sticking out a short distance forward from the bolt. It would be pushed in to engage, and pulled out (as is in the picture) to disengage. Most were used disengaged for obvious reasons.

Also, I just realized that the link's broken. In order to use it, I suggest 1. Right clicking it, 2. "Open in new tab", 3. Copy pasting anything from [5]-png at the end of the URL. That is, if the fix I'm going to try works. Thanks. ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.