• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Militaria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonMudra

Just realized that we don't have a militaria thread here at all :eek: So let's get this rolling!

Here's a couple pics of my newest acquisition, a Steyr M1912. Twas the service pistol for the Austro-Hungarian Landwehr in WW1, but quickly spread throughout the Hungarian Landwehr and the KuK common army due to it's robustness and reliability. It is chambered in 9x23mm Steyr, and feeds from an 8 round internal magazine which is stripper clip fed. Mine was made in 1916 in Vienna.

If anyone has interest, I also own, and can take pics of:

K31 Schmidt-Rubin (unknown year)
M24 Belgian-made Venezuelan Mauser (unknown year)
K98k (dot 1944)
SMLE No1 MkIII* (1918 make)
M91/30 Mosin-Nagant (1932 Hex Reciever)
M1896 Springfield-made Krag-Jorgenson (1896 make)
M95 Steyr (long rifle, 1916)
Gew98 (Obendorf 1916)
1777 Charleville musket (modern make)
M1913 Sauer pistol (1915 make)

I also have full uniform and field kit (reenactor!) for German WW1, German WW2 Heer/Fallschirmjager, Austro-Hungarian WW1, Australian WW2 (both wools and desert/jungle uniform), Finnish WW2 Continuation War (summer uniform), and Polish WW2 1st Armoured.

volcol

Here's what I've been buying over the past few months.

Still a few pieces to go, e-tool and perhaps another small pack :). Got a canteen, mk3 gasmask and small pack on the back - but they can be seen. I do however hope the cat makes up for this.

I'll post some pictures of the enfield soon enough :) just need tow work out my camera !

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I do however hope the cat makes up for this.

The cat definitely ruins the shot for you there...

Can you get it a little brit uniform as well? It would be both appropriate and adorable! Then we can have a [TWDEV] Soldier Kitty as well! :D

Strayferret

I almost dont dare to post as my stuff is a bit too modern :D Well, its retro by now anyway. 80/90's wasnt yesterday after all. This is my 6th light infantry impression. Not perfect, but its close. Kinda lost interest in finishing it more as the team I was with dissolved. Looking to creating something awesome ww2 soon though!

CIMG5417a.jpg

Sir Apple

Guess I can post this here. I visited back home a few weeks ago, had a good day at the range :)

I look pretty hickish - truth be told, living in California now I didn't own any jackets warm enough for the weather back home so I borrowed a bunch lol.

VonMudra

This was my weekend a couple weekends ago:

I am 4th from the left in that pic^ (Austro-Hungarian, KuK IR61)

Alex

This was MY weekend a couple weekends ago:

^Our G.I. Camp. My unit is "G" Company, 141st Regiment, 36th Infantry Division.

Last edited:

Luffy

Well this is my weekend Saturday I went out and Sunday May 4th was my b-day got a new computer and drew lots of ww2 guns, planes, and artillery. I'm planning to go to a reenactment once I move out of Virginia.

siben

Oh boy oh boy, i will love this tread. I should make it my new home!
If i post 1 new thing that i have every few days this tread will be busy for years to come!
Let me start with, euhm a Carcano 1891 Bayonet in Brass and leather scabbard? Yes, sounds great indeed!

siben

Well, time for another Item, since i have just shown you my Model 1891 Bayonet why don't i show the model 1891 Carcano next? Lovely 1894 Production with a 1940 made stock.

siben

Unfortunately that is a bit out of my price range, and if i had had the money i would have bought a PaK 40 that came for sale not far from where i live a year ago.
I will post a pictures of an item every 2 days. If someone wants more detailed pictures with a better camera then you just have to ask me. I have enough WW1 and WW2 Battle rifles to arm a small platoon.

volcol

With a pay cheque coming up, I'm tempted by an SMLE ... though I'm also tempted by some more second world war stuff - a Sten, webley mkiv, or even an mosin 44 carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.