• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #39: Thompson Weapon Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Following our last preview of the Sten Mk.II SMG, we continue our weapon preview videos with the Thompson M1A1 sub machine gun. This iconic weapon was modelled and textured by [TWDEV] brrr, animated by [TWDEV] chad509, and with SFX by [TWCON] EAR.

All of our preview videos are heavily Work-In-Progress, all the content shown is very likely to change prior to release of the game.

We would also like to invite you to follow our updates from the EuroGamer Expo in London this weekend on our Twitter and Facebook pages. We're not showing showing our game off, but we will be promoting ourselves with some small Traction Wars cards. (And we'll be playing with some new games!) Tickets for the event are sold out, but if you are attending or are around the Earls Court area this Saturday and Sunday, come and say hello! (We'll be the ones in the bright blue 'Traction Wars' t-shirts!)

Interested in joining the team?
The team is currently looking for level designers and particle artists who have experience in CRYENGINE. If you have the experience and are interested in being part of our friendly and professional team then please head over to our recruitment page for further details.

For the very latest media and updates follow us on the social networks below, as well as our community forum and our new expanded media gallery.

Last edited:

Roughbeak

Holy Thompson!

That has to be the best animation by Chad! :D Excellent WORK on the sounds too, even some changes to that shooting range is awesome! :)

Last edited:

Roughbeak

It could be too that Chad has been working on this animation for ages, just now he thinks it is finalized (which I think it is :D).

Sir Apple

It could be too that Chad has been working on this animation for ages, just now he thinks it is finalized (which I think it is :D).

Thats about right, the animation has been done for quite a few months actually, we just don't always show stuff right away.

Actually I *think* the thompson was one of the first animations made :)

chad509

The Thompson animation you all see here is actually the first animation I completed for TW as a part of my trial. And it also happens to be my favorite one I've done for TW so far. :)

Nic727

Cool!!! Nice job...

I have one question for the devs. Will we see bullets on the ground after shooting or it will disapear? What I mean is like that :
(2:19 and 2:55)

thx

Swaffy

So it fires from an open bolt? (Searches on Google...) Oh, it does. Nice work, and great attention to detail!

Sir Apple

Cool!!! Nice job...

I have one question for the devs. Will we see bullets on the ground after shooting or it will disapear? What I mean is like that :

thx

The empty casings will eject from the weapons and stay on the ground for a short period of time, but won't stay for the entire game (the memory required for that is better spent on other aspects of the game).

Gyps

Yeap all looks good guys :)

Any chance of seeing any of the maps yet or are they still to early in developement

Roughbeak

The empty casings will eject from the weapons and stay on the ground for a short period of time, but won't stay for the entire game (the memory required for that is better spent on other aspects of the game).

Hope there will be empty magazines you drop out on the terrain. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.