• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Reporting for duty

PeatyDram

Hello all.

I have pulled the trigger on the game. May not have a lot of time to play, but I have been itching for a game like this. And I am looking forward to this one with an open mind.

What I have read while lurking is encouraging.

I am a veteran of all the Red Orchestra games going back to the original Beta.

I played BF42 in its first version, at the same time I was playing MoH and CoD in their original realism mods, and played to death the version with the Japanese.

I played and enjoyed the Darkest Hour mod, but that grew old as it was small and with the same maps over and over, so everyone knew the strategy cold and couldn't stand those who didn't.

I didn't find RO Viet Nam compelling enough, so I gave into the hype and got Big Fail 1. I LOVED the graphics. I HATED the shooting someone in the heart with a B.A.R. at close range and having it matter not at all.

I played Post Scriptum, but just do not always have time for 2 hours of getting into position for 1 minute of firefight. I still have it, finally updated it because it has the Americans now. But unless it goes for some smaller maps for small engagements, I probably won't play it much. There were rouges who would meet up in the practice map just to have firefights. And it makes a fantastic firefight game - if they would only give in take advantage of that.

Tally ho!