• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Steam Summer Sale 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
That time of year again! Whether you've been waiting for it for a while or you're desperately trying to not spend lots of money, another Steam sale has appeared. I'm treading between both of those categories, so I have a list and I WILL stick to it. Thought that probably won't happen, seeing as this is the first Steam sale I've had my uber PC for. There is a possibility I may go a bit mad... Anyway, here's the opening deals I've found.

Same rules apply as last year: If you see something cheap that you think everyone else should play, post it here!

I would also encourage everyone to vote in the flash sale the category that South Park: The Stick of Truth is in because I want it :p

Koenigstiger

"Far Cry 2 was **** yes, but this one isn't"

Sie ficken was Kumpel!?

Farcry 2 was good :(

Also I think I will pick up CoH 2 finally, not as good as the first one but after the recent free weekend I wanted to buy it, just not at full price :D

Skr13

"Far Cry 2 was **** yes, but this one isn't"

Sie ficken was Kumpel!?

Farcry 2 was good :(

Also I think I will pick up CoH 2 finally, not as good as the first one but after the recent free weekend I wanted to buy it, just not at full price :D

IMO Coh2 is better than Coh1, better in graphics, sounds, gameplay, AI etc and now they will add US forces again with Western Front Armies DLC, I've tried the Alpha test of the new DLC, can't wait for the Final version.
It's $20 or €20 for two new armies, it would be great a -50% or more discount during steam summer sale 8) but probably that won't happen...

Koenigstiger

IMO Coh2 is better than Coh1, better in graphics, sounds, gameplay, AI etc and now they will add US forces again with Western Front Armies DLC, I've tried the Alpha test of the new DLC, can't wait for the Final version.
It's $20 or €20 for two new armies, it would be great a -50% or more discount during steam summer sale 8) but probably that won't happen...

CoH 2 doesn't have mod support

/end discussion

volcol

the major problem with CoH2 is the story and plot behind it. They totally missed any history lessons when developing it :D last time I remember - mass murdering Russian civilians and killing resistance fighters was more so a German policy than a Russian one (rant over!) there is a really good video on youtube about it though.

Koenigstiger

the major problem with CoH2 is the story and plot behind it. They totally missed any history lessons when developing it :D last time I remember - mass murdering Russian civilians and killing resistance fighters was more so a German policy than a Russian one (rant over!) there is a really good video on youtube about it though.

lol whut

Both sides killed plenty ;)

*COUGH* KATYN *COUGH*

I played the Euro truck simulator 2 demo and it was great, wish I bought the game while it was $3.74! Still 75% off though, I think. So it's still sitting at about 6 dollars, fortunately.

GTA IV was fun when I tried it, though I had to run it at lowest settings. It's 70% off. If you get the DLCs, I'd advise skipping Lost and Damned in favor of The Ballad of Gay Tony. Much more fun, more up beat, and generally nicer. Some awfully intense missions in TBOGT though.

Spore is a neat little game with a flash sale right now, but for replayability's sake you should get the Galactic Adventures if you do buy it. Spore gets quite boring once you get to the space stage without it, in my opinion.

Personally, I'm still waiting for GTA V to go on sale. Why'd they have to hold it off on Steam, if it can be preordered everywhere else? If that doesn't go on sale, I'm going for Insurgency, Rust (if it goes on sale), and the Ship.

VonMudra

@volcol

Nope, Russians mass executed resistence fighters in Poland, or shipped them off to gulags, or forced them into court post-war to try as fascist collaborators. The last thing the Russians wanted around were resistance fighters who were loyal to the government in exile. Also, the Russians behaved brutally to their own POWs, generally convicting liberated Russians POWs who had survived the concentration camps as treasonous and shipping them immediately to the gulags for another 20-25 years or os. And the Russians did massacre/rape German populations wholesale, but just remember, that was a retribution thing for what the Germans did in Russia as well 9which was of course, far far worse. We're talking around 17 million pre-1939 USSR territory citizens (IE, not counting Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, or Soviet annexed Poland, both of which the Soviets would later count as their own populace) versus the 500,000 or so Germans civilians the Russians killed/died in the flight from Eastern Germany in 1944/45, not much more than the 300,000+ Germans killed by their own government during the war.

But this is all rather off-topic. ;)

Last edited:

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Back on topic for dealsssss...

Metro Last Light for £6.79

The Wolf Among Us for £6.45

One of the greatest games ever made, The Stanley Parable for £3.99. Everyone should play this. Seriously, just do it.

Slender: The Arrival for £1.74. Good price for a scare?

Outlast for £3.74. I really want to get this, but I'm pretty sure I will never be brave enough to play it...

Borderlands 2 for £4.99

Battleblock Theatre for £2.74. I've never heard of this before now, but I watched the trailer and their sense of humour appeals to me. And just for you, I'll leave it below for all of you to watch! Although the voice during the age rating screen sounds like something [MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] would say...

Definitely worth it for that 'mindbendingly realistic hair simulation'.

Koenigstiger

I don't own Battleblock theatre but Stamper is awesome :D (the guy voicing it)

I think I will get Company of Heroes 2 and Men of War Assault Squad 2 tomorrow.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Look at all these games I can't afford..

Sorry DayZ, I need to pay the electric bill...

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
It caused a discussion in this thread earlier, but Company of Heroes 2 is 75% off.

Batman Arkham Origins is £5.74 if you're that way inclined to play non-Rocksteady Arkham games.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive is £5.99.

Can pick up Fallout: New Vegas for £5.09.

Tomb Raider for £3.74. The new one, by the way.

Run n' jump simulator Mirrors Edge for £2.49. (I may joke, but it is a good game.)

Next Car Game is 40% off, it is an early access game, if you don't buy it still pay attention to it. It will be a marvellous new racing game on release.

Bioshock Infinite for £4.99, which is a total steal. Or you could get the season pass included for a mere £10.70, and that's what I've been waiting for!

And Call of Duty: Ghosts is 50% off if you're, well, on these forums by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.