• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Teamwork between Sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

So one thing is teamwork within the section itself and by the looks of it and from what you told us in the past, you somewhat got it covered. What about teamwork between the squads (tank squad, infantry squad, mortar, etc.)? How are you going to make squads work in cohesion to win the game? To communicate, to say who is going to do what, to report enemy activity, etc.?

I think this is one of the biggest problems overall in any game (FH2, PR, RO2, etc.). It's very frustrating being the only squad actually doing something significant while all the squads do bugger all. Communication is key to winning in these types of games and in real life, so we should keep it that way.

Before you guys say anything, I know this would be in a later Chapter and I know it might not be possible since there's not enough time/man power to do it (but please try, for the sake of gameplay). Here are a few suggestion to hopefully make people work together:

1. If you guys are actually implementing a radio operator kit, then that kit should be obligatory in the squad, as in, if nobody selected radio operator nobody should be able to grab other kits like engineer, mg, etc.

The radio operator could have some preset/default sentences for quick radio transmission that would be sent out to all squads like "Enemy inf/armor on our position", "We are getting overrun", "We need support", "We are falling back", "We are attacking/defending/standing by" etc. (of course a part from the actual voice communication).

2. I also don't know how spotting or marking enemies will work but you should reward points to give players incentive for marking enemies in the map.

3. Reward players many team points for defending a flag for like 5-10 mins. How many times did we go attack a flag to find out all the other squads attacking it as well, then losing our flag and not being able to cap the one we all were at. NOBODY DEFENDS!!!! Maybe make a radius or you can use the flag radius, and if you stay there for like 5-10 mins then you get lots and lots of desired team points. Maybe the more you stay the more points you get. (PLEASE SOMEBODY DEFEND!)

Reward system:

Maybe there could be a reward system for working together. The way it would work is you get enough points and you could spend it on assets or other things like:

- Artillery barrage (smoke or HE)
- Special kits (sniper, etc.) (do we want lonewolves walking around with sniper kit or any special kit? I think it should be rewarded to squads that are actually doing very well)
- If it's going to ever be implemented: FOBS or HQs (like transforming some random building as an HQ)

Each asset costs points but the assets would also be time/quantity limited so you can't spam Arty, Fobs, or what not. All these points are not for killing enemies, instead for the squad working together within or between other squads. I think rewards can truly help improve teamwork.

I don't think you can force people to work together, instead, you can reward them.

Also talking with Ani, we came up with the idea that the Commander would mark where each section should be at or go to, and if the section didn't arrive there in x time, then the section would lose points, but if the section got there in time they would get some points. If the section takes contact mid-way or something, the commander could refresh the mark or just cancel it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.