• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Countryside (WIP map)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

I got another map for you. :)

This one is still a heavy WIP map, but it is going well.
I believe I have shown this one before but now it's official. ;)

This is my making of a "france farm", it's a bit weak though, thoughts?

Thoughts, opinions? :)

litchu

looks nice indeed, however the sky and vegatation colors dont quite fit together. If you are trying to create a warm enviorment ( i guess by the bright sky ) the vegatation should be a bit more dry.

Your grass texture is dark green, but if you'd change that to light green/yellow'ish and if its not yet done set use terrain color to true you create a more dry atmosphere.

Roughbeak

Noted!
There is many things I have changed since I have taken these pictures. :)

I cut down the bloom a bit, it looked a bit too unrealistic there. ;) Also there were changes to the terrain.

Last edited:

Roughbeak

There is still some more work to be done with this (like I said before.. hehe) but what do you think? :)
Some of those trees to the right do need to be coloured a bit darker but it doesn't save! :p

Ok let's get to it, maybe too much grass. ;)

Roughbeak

Yes I believe I was trying to create some "hedgegrows", but apparently vanilla CE3 sdk objects/statics don't have the correct ones, then it, yes, leads to be a bit junglish . :) Maybe even the ferns make it a bit junglish too. ;)
What I did there is elevate the sides a bit then place some "cliff_bushes" to make it a bit normandy'ish. :p

Last edited:

Roughbeak

There are some houses I added but yeah mostly it was just for fun or experience. :D

I added some particles around some trees involving with "falling leaves" too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.