• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The European Football Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

In this thread, you can discuss anything and everything concerning the Euros. I'll put up a list of the groups, games played and the rankings, which I'll try to update daily.

Have fun.

Group A
  • France
  • Romania
  • Switzerland
  • Albania
Group B
  • England
  • Russia
  • Wales
  • Slovakia
Group C
  • Germany
  • Northern Ireland
  • Poland
  • Ukraine
Group D
  • Croatia
  • Spain
  • Czech Republic
  • Turkey
Group E
  • Belgium
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Sweden
Group F
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Austria
  • Portugal

Games played
  • France v Romania: 2-1
  • Albania v Switzerland: 0-1
  • Wales v Slovakia: 2-1
  • England v Russia: 1-1
  • Turkey v Croatia: 0-1
  • Poland v Northern Ireland: 1-0
  • Germany v Ukraine : 2-0

Ranking

Group A

1. Switzerland - 3
  2. France - 3
  3. Romania - 0
  4. Albania - 0
Group B
  1. Wales - 3
  2. England - 1
  3. Russia - 1
  4. Slovakia - 0
Group C

1. Germany - 3
  2. Poland - 3
  3. Northern Ireland - 0
  4. Ukraine - 0
Group D

1. Croatia - 3
  2. Turkey - 0
  3. Spain
  4. Czech Republic

Last edited:

FlyingR

You're never done with the Russians, unfortunately. But I did think the English brought the best football so far. Let's just hope Eric Idle doesn't have to make another song.

I preferred France honestly, they have a very strong team (Payet, Pogba, Griezmann) plus they are local so they have a strong chance on winning this year.

England did very well in the brawl outside against the police and the Russian hooligans! :D

Wales defending was very strong, but in attack they only have Bale :p

Remember this guys:

All you gotta know is that for the first stage, France will beat Romania, England will tie with Russia and Belgium will lose against Italy. ;)

Feldmeijer

They should ban Russia from participating IMO, if the economic sanctions aren't going to work then lets try it this way.

Germany won yesterday, no surprise there.
[MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION]: You're at two out of three correct predictions. I hope and pray it doesn't become three.

FlyingR

@FlyingR - who's your bet for the final? 

Well it's quite hard, for me France will definitely go to the finals. Germany is also a good contender, but I want to see how Belgium, Italy, Sweden and Portugal play, as they also have a chance.

@th_battleaxe I hope and pray I am correct so that I win some money :D It's quite difficult though, Belgium has a good team.

Italy's win was a deserved one. Belgium was all over the place. It would seem we're not a team anymore, with a coach who is hell-bent on sticking his favourites in the squad when there are better players in the selection. I mean, did you see how much better the Belgian offense was when Lukaku was taken out?
@FlyingR: Well done, sir.
[MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION]: Something strange is going on with the forums. I'm getting a white screen with the following messages when I click the Forum button at the top of the page (using Chrome btw).

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Database has a deprecated constructor in /home/twmodo5/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 83

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Datastore has a deprecated constructor in /home/twmodo5/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1479

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Input_Cleaner has a deprecated constructor in /home/twmodo5/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1820

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Registry has a deprecated constructor in /home/twmodo5/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 3139

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Session has a deprecated constructor in /home/twmodo5/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 3541
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/twmodo5/public_html/includes/class_core.php
Line: 83

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Are you still getting that message?! [MENTION=1183]th_battleaxe[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingR

Italy's win was a deserved one. Belgium was all over the place. It would seem we're not a team anymore, with a coach who is hell-bent on sticking his favourites in the squad when there are better players in the selection. I mean, did you see how much better the Belgian offense was when Lukaku was taken out?
@FlyingR: Well done, sir.

Cheers! Italy's defense was well planted and had good counter-attacks and you guys have great individual players but definitely need a new coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.