• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Field (WIP Map)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

Well here you have it.. finally.. :) Image heavy though.

This Normandy map - The Field. The name is a bit nondescript, but I could not think of anything better. The map is not quite finished yet, but I am almost worn out by it. At least 3 weeks of work on it, so I would appreciate some likes. :D

Another thing about this map is it HUGE in size! My first in the files. ;)

This is basically is my first map to have my own terrain textures instead of the default CE3 SDK's, I am quite proud of the textures, but the only thing next to fix is bumpmaps (which I am quite inexperienced at that).

These 3 are without a doubt based on TW maps. ;)

--------

There may be errors in here, but I will fix them a bit later.

Pay no attention to the white texture up there and the unfinished parts :p

Last edited:

rosiema

Very nice, good to see some maps are being made.

I see some nice bushes to sneak through :)

Are all building enterable? Or just a few?

sHaKeNbAkE

Way to go!! I love map making but only have experience with UDK/SDK....hmmm maybe it's time to learn CryEngine 3. Love what I am seeing and man do I love fields of grass/wheat! xD

Roughbeak

Haha thanks Shake! I think I have made huge progress over the past month at map making. :)

Yes, go for the CryENGINE3 sdk, I'm loving it right now. ;)

You seem very determined to get on the TW dev team... I like the attitude.

We need more people like you and speed things up without losing the quality.:)

By the way, are the "monstrously high curbs" a common problem in CryEngine? Or is that just the perspective?

Roughbeak

Huge thanks... and I like the positive reviews by the community. ;)

@th_battleaxe Sorry I'm not sure what you meant by "monstrously high curbs", did you meant the town curbs? :)

Last edited:

Roughbeak

Indeed they are a bit too high, fixed. Good eye, thanks. :)
I do not use the fancy curbs from TW, but I use the gatehouse_groundplate instead (I flipped the object to make it smooth). ;)

More images

Last edited:

Roughbeak

Yes thanks, I agree. More than I think about it, that past one was absolutely terrible in planning and designing. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.