• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Things that SHOULD be added and things that should NOT be added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Here is list of things that should be added in game:

1. Only people near you (even enemy) should hear what you talk in your microphone

2. All chat/team chat

3. Bullet holes

4. Radioman (important to call other squads)

5. Dropping your gun/ammo, picking up other guns

6. Enemy/friendly wont have name, only friendly soldier will have name displayed when you come close to him

List of things that should NOT be added:

1. Killcam

2. Hitmarkers

3. The thing that shows who killed who (Don't know how its called) / Killconfrim

4. Crosshair

:) :) :) :) :)

VonMudra

1: Already being worked on.

2: Already Done.

3: Already Done.

4: Hard to say. Radiomen in WW2 were not attached to squads, but by platoon and more often company. It would be hard to work with, would be an exceedingly rare kit if it was in, and would probably be better suited to simply allowing NCOs to call in artillery.

5: Done, but not encouraged due to squad system.

6: Already Done.

1: Already Done.

4: Already Done.

Simon

1: Already Done.

4: Already Done.

That means NO this things:

1. Killcam

2. Hitmarkers

3. The thing that shows who killed who (Don't know how its called) / Killconfrim

4. Crosshair

? ? ? ?

Aniallator

Glad to hear we'll have three dimensional VOIP! I agree with almost everything mentioned, except for the chat. I'd rather not have chat. Perhaps this is 'too realistic', but that's just my opinion. I agree that a radioman class should be included, and I think having several static radios on the map that players can use would be great. Also, glad to hear we won't have a kill cam, kill feed, et cetera. Here are a few more suggestions for things that should be added.

1. Being able to see unequipped weapons on your character.
2. Any weapons with select fire capabilities should be able to use them.
3. Wounding system.
4. Sequenced reloading.
5. Being able to slide.
6. Cover system.

Simon

Forgot to add 1 more thing:

What physics are you using for characters ?

Like that he doesnt die and fall like some piece of wood or everytime same (Like Call of Duty 2 or GTA San Andreas for example) but that he has some weight to body and he falls down like real human.

VonMudra

They will drop like sacks of potatoes- just like in real life. I've seen enough war footage of actual people actually being killed to know.

mmiedzianyy

I think that chat should be available but with option to enable or disable it. A nice thing to see would be an idea to share your equipment with other players etc. exchange the weapon, give somebody some ammo (magazine/clip). But of course easier way is - as [MENTION=2177]Simon[/MENTION] mentioned - to drop one and pick another from the ground. http://www.tractionwars.com/members/vonmudra/ @VonMudra You say that its not encouraging to see it in a squad system, but on the battlefield you can give a granade or another explosives to your mate if he need to use it. Another suggestion: support class - if there will be - should not be able to supply team mates with any kind of ammo and other players should not supply it either. It could be optional to carry extra lmg magazine or pick up one from ammo box if you are looking up to support LMG in near future. It is very weird to see in realism based game that anybody can supply LMG without having this type of ammo in your equipment..

Simon

Glad to hear we'll have three dimensional VOIP! I agree with almost everything mentioned, except for the chat. I'd rather not have chat. Perhaps this is 'too realistic', but that's just my opinion. I agree that a radioman class should be included, and I think having several static radios on the map that players can use would be great. Also, glad to hear we won't have a kill cam, kill feed, et cetera. Here are a few more suggestions for things that should be added.

1. Being able to see unequipped weapons on your character.
2. Any weapons with select fire capabilities should be able to use them.
3. Wounding system.
4. Sequenced reloading.
5. Being able to slide.
6. Cover system.

Chat is important because some poeple (including me) don't use microphone

drummer93

VonMudra I have a doubt. Will be in game some type of "points" that shows the experience of the player? I mean, maybe a military rank like Heroes and Generals?

VonMudra

No such ranking system is planned. If any is put in, I doubt it would be more than an egotrip thing based on an ingame scoreboard, not actually changing the look of your character or his abilities.

I think that chat should be available but with option to enable or disable it. A nice thing to see would be an idea to share your equipment with other players etc. exchange the weapon, give somebody some ammo (magazine/clip). But of course easier way is - as @Simon mentioned - to drop one and pick another from the ground. @VonMudra You say that its not encouraging to see it in a squad system, but on the battlefield you can give a granade or another explosives to your mate if he need to use it. Another suggestion: support class - if there will be - should not be able to supply team mates with any kind of ammo and other players should not supply it either. It could be optional to carry extra lmg magazine or pick up one from ammo box if you are looking up to support LMG in near future. It is very weird to see in realism based game that anybody can supply LMG without having this type of ammo in your equipment..

Currently, in the squadsystem we are developing, we are looking at having each player class carry the amount of MG ammo they actually would have been carrying (3 Bren mags for British riflemen, 250 round box for German riflemen). They will be able to keep the MG supplied and operating, with the MG only having the amount of ammo they and their ammo bearer/loader would have been carrying. Thus, squad cohesion will be essential towards keeping the firepower of the squad active, especially for German squads which put their full focus on the MG.

drummer93

No such ranking system is planned. If any is put in, I doubt it would be more than an egotrip thing based on an ingame scoreboard, not actually changing the look of your character or his abilities.

I'm only thinking in a player scoreboard or a achievement system, not the look of character or habilities. I mean, a ranking and achievement system for the account. I think that it's important because the players could see who are the players with more experience, and it will be a game with leadership system

Aniallator

Chat is important because some poeple (including me) don't use microphone

In that case, an option to disable it would be nice.

Something else... I don't look for gore in games and I don't find it pleasant, but gore is something TW should have. You should be able to disable/enable it. War is hell and TW is striving for a realistic depiction, so a pool of blood around a dead body, the moans of the wounded and dying, and whatever else should be included. Again, you should be able to disable/enable it.

Feldmeijer

They will drop like sacks of potatoes- just like in real life. I've seen enough war footage of actual people actually being killed to know.

I assume that this also means that everyone from Dutch origin will be able to at least take on 20 bullets, just like in real life?

EDIT: I just forgot to mention that we also have x-ray vision.

Last edited:

Simon

I think that ranking should be in game, but not that with each level you get new weapon, but just rank number will increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.