• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

TitanIM: Best Modern Mil-Sim Game (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

I present to you: TitanIM

- Online Multiplayer FPS Simulator
- Global Sandbox
- Real Time Terrain Editing
- "Earth" Scale - can recreate real-life scales from air, sea, land, and space.
- Realistic flight, armored, infantry, etc. operations
- Just check the website cause holy tits the list is quite long :p
- Will come out end of this year!

TitanIM - The Future of Simulation

Aniallator

The actual first person feel doesn't seem that great though, namely gunplay, and I'm still wondering how anyone will be able to run this at more than 1 FPS xD And what is "gobal"? Can we actuall go anywhere?

mmiedzianyy

Yes, i wonder about it too [MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION].. what is global? Global sandbox, Earth scale.. How the servers would work? Or it will be just one big ass server "Earth"?

FlyingR

From my understanding, you can make your own gametype however you want and how big you want. The engine, Outerra, is a "3D planetary engine for seamless planet rendering from space down to the surface. Can use arbitrary resolution of elevation data, refining it to centimeter resolution using fractal algorithms." http://www.outerra.com/

You can easily create any type of planet and you can re-create Earth using Google Maps if I'm not mistaken. From the lowest depth of the oceans to space. The game allows you to basically use a portion of the planet (as in x by x kilometers) or the whole planet itself. You could go anywhere you want depending on how the mission is set up.

As for the servers, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the server admin or whoever can create server with a specific mission and from there people can join the server. There could be many servers with different missions.

I think the Devs could check this out since if Outerra really allows people to copy Google Maps to the engine, then it could definitely make the maps creation much faster.

As a matter of fact there is this guy making WWII vehicle models (although this is a completely different project)

[video=youtube;3PORXHK_d3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PORXHK_d3k[/video]

drummer93

@Aniallator @mmiedzianyy. This is what "global" means:

I'm a little pessimist about this. I mean, is very exciting for me as a engineer student see how they could recreate a 1:1 scale Earth with physics, but this is too complex to make just a "massive multiplayer game".

FlyingR

I have faith in it, I developers have advanced a lot and are truly capable of making this work seamlessly. It is indeed too complex, being such a realistic scale and all, and there will definitely be bugs, but if the devs truly put their efforts in, they will be able to fix it. I guess we have to wait until next month to really see how it comes out.

As for Outerra, the limit of games that come out of this engine are infinite.

Aniallator

I think the world sounds great, what I'm concerned about is actual gameplay in TitanIM, which I imagine as being laggy and feeling jumpy/twitchy... just not enjoyable, even if we literally have the world at our fingertips.

agus92

I have faith in it, I developers have advanced a lot and are truly capable of making this work seamlessly. It is indeed too complex, being such a realistic scale and all, and there will definitely be bugs, but if the devs truly put their efforts in, they will be able to fix it. I guess we have to wait until next month to really see how it comes out.

As for Outerra, the limit of games that come out of this engine are infinite.

It's not about bugs, but optimization.

I'm with drummer on this one. If Squad and Arma 3 already fry pc's, adding terrain physics and huge scale maps to a similar game seems too ambitious to me.

This could work very well on singleplayer though. And certainly is a possibility for tje future, bit I don't see this happening anytime soon.

FlyingR

New update!

New York City terrorist attack!

inb4 you all come commenting about graphics and animations... (remember there's a **** ton of assets and it's a whole entire ****ing planet!)

mmiedzianyy

[MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION], but still 13k people small town is worth invading. I would like to blow up the school. Or at least shot the windows :D

Wysłane z mojego ALE-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Status
Not open for further replies.