• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Top 5 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I don't think this has been done before on here, in which case it has to be done.

To counter my shameful self-plug, lets make lists of our top 5 games. Two reasons: 1) I like a nice list, and 2) I can't point and judge you on your choices! See, it's FUN!

Anyway here's mine. It's probably pretty generic, but these are my favourites.

1. Portal
2. Far Cry
3. TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
4. Half Life 2
5. Batman: Arkham Asylum

(I've been thinking about this all day. I feel like I'm limited by 5, so some honourable mentions include Bioshock, Left 4 Dead 2, Uncharted and Halo. Oh and Tetris.)

SwadianFC

My favorite games?

1. Traction Wars
2. Traction Wars
3. Traction Wars
4. Traction Wars
5. Traction Wars

WHY ISN'T TRACTION WARS ON YOUR LIST?!

Top 5 released games, in no particular order, as follows:

1. Mount and Blade: Warband
2. Europa Universalis III
3. Red Orchestra/Darkest Hour
4. Battlefield 1942, including FH and FH2
5. Half Life 2

Those last two (and M&B) in particular for the modding scene.

brrr

TW Developer
Damn guys what's half life 2 not at the top of both of your lists?!!!

I mean yes its dated now but based on how I reacted to it when I played it for the first time in 2004 its my all time favourite game :).

1. Half Life 2
2. Medal of Honor 1
3. Syphon Filter 1
4. CounterStrike Source
5. Rome Total War

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
1. Half Life 2
2. Napoleon: Total War
3. Rollercoaster Tycoon
4. GTA II
5. Battlefield 2

First played HL2 in 2009, so that's not childhood bias. Napoleon has just been such a good game for me, good era, good gameplay, it deserved the ranking. 3 and 4 are childhood bias, I played those when I was very young. Number 5 gets the spot because I love(d) the mods for BF2..

Honourable mentions: Crusader Kings II, Rome: Total War, Left 4 Dead 2, Battlefield 1942, Fistful of Frags, Mount and Blade: Warband, Skyrim and GRID.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
  1. Shogun: Total War
  2. Battlefield 2 + FH2
  3. Age of Empires 1
  4. DTM or some kind of Codemaster race game. Forgot the name
  5. Traction Wars

Sir Apple

Its hard because for me I classify my favorite games as 'all time favorites' which are the ones I'll always love, and then just a general current list.

But my forever favorites are;

1. Medal of honor Frontlines
2. Battlefield 2 + Fh2
3. Bioshock
4. Call of Duty 1
5. Hannibaldinski

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
My favorite games?

1. Traction Wars
2. Traction Wars
3. Traction Wars
4. Traction Wars
5. Traction Wars

That's dedication right there :p I'm sure my list will change upon TWs release.

Damn guys what's half life 2 not at the top of both of your lists?!!!

It is a fantastic game, and I've played it many times, just for me Portal was just perfect. Maybe Half Life 3 could top it xD

2. Battlefield 2 + Fh2
3. Bioshock
4. Call of Duty 1
5. Hannibaldinski

Don't think I've ever played number 5, what's it about?

Sir Apple

2. Battlefield 2 + Fh2
3. Bioshock
4. Call of Duty 1
5. Hannibaldinski

Don't think I've ever played number 5, what's it about?

Its about a little dutch boy who just wants a brand new pair of wooden shoes. These wooden shoes are more expensive then the average ones, because they are made from the trees on the good side of town. Little hanni struggles to save his money. Does he get the shoes?? Guess you'll have to play and find out!

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
1. HL2 (inc. the Episodes)
2. League of Legends
3. Counterstrike Source
4. Metro 2033
5. Call of Duty (series)

Honorable mentions; Medieval 2: Total War, Traction Wars (woho!), Battlefield (series), Portal (of course!) and FEAR (series).

Maniche

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
  2. Battlefield 2 + FH2
  3. Age of Empires 1
  4. DTM or some kind of Codemaster race game. Forgot the name
  5. Traction Wars

I must correct myself. Traction Wars will be epic xD but it not done yet. So im replacing it with FIFA 98. When you still could tackle the opponents goalkeeper.

2. Battlefield 2 + FH2
  3. Age of Empires 1
  4. TOCA Touring Car 1 (Remembered the name)
  5. FIFA 98
Must say. A lot of old games. I think when you're a child you experience everything more intens. Most stuff is really new for you. For me is BF2 pretty new is this list. Shogun is from 2000. The rest before that. I was 7 when was beating my dad on FIFA and trying to become world champion with Fiji :p

_Franky_

1. GTA San Andreas
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Tales of Vesperia
4. Perfect Dark
5. Gran Turismo 3

Honorable mentions: Mass Effect 1, Splinter Cell series (before Conviction), Metal Gear Solid 1-4, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 1+2 (Xbox versions), Medal of Honour Frontline, Turok 1+2, Goldeneye, Soul Calibur, Just Cause 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Bioshock, Elder Scrolls IV+V, the 2 recent Batman games, Blast Corps, Jet Set Radio, Dirt 3.

As you can see, this was not easy and some of those picks are very subjective...
They also give you a pretty good idea of my history as a gamer and I now feel engulfed in the warmest nostalgia.

RKotern

1. Half-Life 2 (actually whole series)
2. Thief The Dark Project + (whole series)
3. S.T.A.L.K.E.R + ....
4. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
5. Mount & Blade: Warband

Dohfugwimee

Rough choice.

1.Half-Life - cutting edge
2.System Shock 2 - remake plz!
3.Unreal Tournament 99 - online - my first clan game ~WP~
4.Borderlands- would never have guessed
5.World of Tanks - my current drug of choice

So many others..
Spent a lot of years online gaming in the CoD world, Red Orchestra world ...geez and the RPG-s?? EvE sucked my life... Skyrim and all the others.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Must say. A lot of old games. I think when you're a child you experience everything more intens. Most stuff is really new for you.[/QUOTE]

I think the first games you play stick in your mind the most. Like, I remember playing Far Cry on my dads PC and it being the first game I was actually taking a serious interest in. (Messing about on GTA didn't count :p ) And I think you have such fond memories of those first games because it was completely new to you.

I use to play some football game too, a champions league thing I think. I got it when I first got my PS2 and I was so terrible I had to keep playing until I won or died from exhaustion. Thankfully I won.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Thought it was time I came up with my own list. Top 5 is tough but here it goes!

1* Battlefield 2/FH2/PR
2. Portal 2
3. Half-Life 2
4. Napoleon Total War
5. Mass Effect 2

*Obviously this will be Traction Wars on release but it's cheating to include it if the public isn't playing yet ;)

Honourable Mentions: EVE Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Supreme Commander 2, Shogun 2: Total War, Mount & Blade: Warband, Stronghold Crusader, Stronghold 2, Company of Heroes, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Dawn of War.

Just noticed there are an awful lot of Strategy games in there... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.