• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Voice Actors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScheifferB

Hello there, I'm a voice actor myself and I strongly believe one of the main features to making a world war game so authentic and immersible is the voice acting itself, are there any snippets of the voices we can hear soon? Would be amazing to hear them. Apologies if you haven't actually got your voice actors yet, or you aren't sharing any information in regards to it, I'm just extremely curious about this department.

Thanks!

Scheiffer Bates.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Completely agree. We certainly will be doing it, and we'll be doing it well; I've seen too many multiplayer games with bad voice acting that completely throws you out of the game *cough* Modern Warfare *cough*. And with no voicing at all would just be silly; I don't remember the 4th Mute Regiment. Unfortunately, however, we haven't done them yet. And we will be looking for talent. Oh, it's not on the position list... NAGA!

ScheifferB

Completely agree. We certainly will be doing it, and we'll be doing it well; I've seen too many multiplayer games with bad voice acting that completely throws you out of the game *cough* Modern Warfare *cough*. And with no voicing at all would just be silly; I don't remember the 4th Mute Regiment. Unfortunately, however, we haven't done them yet. And we will be looking for talent. Oh, it's not on the position list... NAGA!

Indeed!

Yes I did notice, I'm sure I made an application a few weeks ago with some samples, appreciating that the team are busy I've just waited. Hope all is going well!

Sir Apple

Hey Scheiffer,

Yes we did get your application. We've gotten quite a lot of applications lately so it sometimes takes a bit longer then normal to get to each one. I bumped yours so perhaps sooner then later you will hear something :)

Troy

Thought your name was familiar, seen a few of your impressions on youtube they are awesome! Good luck!

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I'd certainly prefer it not to be, but it might come down to who we can get hold of. I for one certainly do not do a convincing German voice.

Sir Apple

I wish I would have stuck with learning German, I tried to teach myself using one of those "learn a language yourself" things, after a few months I gave up

ScheifferB

I wish I would have stuck with learning German, I tried to teach myself using one of those "learn a language yourself" things, after a few months I gave up

I just realized I didn't actually attach any samples of my previous work to the email sent to you guys. How professional.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I discovered your Game of Dubs last night, I'll never be able to watch Game of Thrones seriously that's for sure :L

Davies

Vanguard Friend
The only accent I can really do is an Aussie/Kiwi style one. My Scottish isn't bad and neither is my Russian, but the rest are pretty bad.

d3v

IMO voice acting can sound professional but still lack the gritty realism that you want in a war game. No war game has yet featured voice acting and shouting that is truly gritty and realistic. The US Marines in the new Rising Storm game has some shouts that come close, they really added to the games atmosphere and realism. Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood also did a really good job with one set of phrases for normal and another set for high intensity combat that were more like screams!

Definitely good voice acting is a very powerful and easy way to add a heck of a lot of realism and atmosphere to a game. Game audio such as gunshots and explosions is really the most importing thing in a war game. Animation and graphics come second to sound, IMO.

Andy_AUS

So true!!! Gun sounds for example are critical. Always thought brothers in arms for example had great gun sounds. Weightyness and poppyness if that makes sense.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Oh my god.
If this guy does voice acting I gonna have orgasms whenever anybody speaks in game.

In Red Orchestra the other day I was commander and told it was 'reassuring' for the team to have my voice on their side. ;-) Looks like a British boarding school is good for something. If you need any more officer noises I might be able to step up to the mark. However, you might have all you need in the OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.