• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

A field trip to the ardennes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siben

Hello everybody, I would like to share an idea that has been spooking in my head for many years now. I want to take a trip to the Ardennes, but not just any trip, I would like to go there and go look in the woods for remains of the battle of the buldge, some sort of relic hunt. I have a garret ace 250 metal detector and a powerful magnet (pulls 120kg). Not the most professional material but it will have to do.
My trip will happen in the first half of July or August.

Now, why am I sharing all of this? I need the help of you guys to find a place where I should go. I need to find a place where there is a high probability of finding at least some shells but hopefully more. A combat zone in other words. Since I have a magnet I would prefer close to a river. I would like it to be sort of remote so that i know the site hasn't been disturbed to much. Let's say 30 to 60 minute walk from a town or road.

Also, I could use a volunteer to dig in the clay and remove fuses of anything that we find that might still be able to explode while I stand at a safe distance.:p

Looking forward to what you guys have to say! Of course I will show you everything that I might find there.

Aniallator

Ooh, I'm jealous xD Sounds awesome! The Bois Jacques near Foy, where the 101st was dug in (some of the last Band of Brothers episodes featured this), is supposed to be fantastic for relics. However (not sure if you're aware), I believe it's illegal to metal detect in at least some areas of the Ardennes, so you're going to have to look into what/where you can and can't do/go.

siben

In the Walloon region it is illegal to do Archaeology with metal detectors, otherwise there is no regulation. Hence i want a place that saw combat, but not near a town or commonly used place.

Aniallator

In the Walloon region it is illegal to do Archaeology with metal detectors, otherwise there is no regulation. Hence i want a place that saw combat, but not near a town or commonly used place.

I see, okay. Well I'll let you know if I come across anything interesting! Perhaps [MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] has some knowledge on where good spots might be based on where combat took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.