• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Archaeological dig on WW2 Battlefield near Berlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

volcol

A truly interesting read. It's bizarre, you look at these sorts of things and some might think it's ancient history - when in fact some of these men could still be alive today. I would have loved to have pursued archaeology as a profession if games design didn't work out. I may look to do so one day. It's sobering that there are still so many lost - from all sides, but RIP those soldiers and I hope they receive the burial they now deserve.

Sydd

Its a shame that those nameless troops who fell in battle still offer no clue of identifying them. But oh well.. full military honors are well deserved for anyone who died protecting their country. I hope they are at peace after that gruesome war.

Status
Not open for further replies.