• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Balistics, artillery, radios...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!!

so as the title says , since the game is going to be realistic i was wondering will the projectile balistics be also dependent on weather conditions , gravity, angle of shot etc affected ??

will there be placed arty like howitzers and radio operators be able to call in arty support like in real ww2 situations ?

Aniallator

Re: Balistics,artillery,radios...

I'd imagine we'll see realistic ballistics, but I can't be sure. I'd like to see a Radioman class equipped with a radio, used for communicating with other Radiomen and, depending on the map, for calling in targets for artillery. Perhaps. For example, you wouldn't be able to call in artillery in the Merville battery map, but at a Gold or Sword beach map, you could call in shots for the battleships/cruisers/destroyers every now and then.

biohazard

Is there going to be AT gun and AA is arty going to be towed on back of truck.

that will be nice we don't have to go far in an area, until we get near the 'enemies' It will be useful, and simple just "hook up" the artilery, (back in the truck) and go where you, think it's better to shot l like, that l hope they, will do this sounds very, intersting that is realism.

Aniallator

Well there'll be trucks in TW, so I don't see why not. It shouldn't be possible to tow static guns, though, just the one or two that would spawn in next to the trucks. Anyway, it all depends on the map.

when a tank fires disturb dust on the ground but in should do on the tank. that what I'd like to see in a game

Status
Not open for further replies.