• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Bring Your Auguries! How Will A Round Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it might be interesting to canvass the opinions of members to see how they imagine their ideal Traction Wars round would play out. Would it involve a physics mini-game of eating from a mess-tin before the Big Push, with the one getting the most nourishment better able to stand the rigours of combat, or perhaps a terse exchange of instructions in a landing craft as the NCOs comfort their charges? How does one score? How are squads kept together? Is it hours of tedium and a firefight or a continuous low-level of tension? What gun are you using and how do you use it?

This is a chance to bring together all your disparate ideas of different game mechanics from different threads and imagine what they'd be like all together in a coherent game!

Aniallator

I'd like to hear the faint drone of an engine now and then, look up, and see an Allied aircraft overhead. As a medic, I'd like to hear a wounded squad mate call out though positional VOIP, move over to him, heave him onto my shoulder and take him somewhere safer to bandage him. I'd like to hear the distant sounds of artillery (off-map) pounding away, hear the rustling of leaves as I walk under a tree, and the chirp of birds. As a tank commander, I'd like to order the driver where to go, the gunner when to fire, and to see the loader thrusting a new shell into the breech. As an NCO, I'd like to pull out a map and compass from my pockets to plan our next assault. I'd like to then use a backpack radio to communicate my plan to the other NCOs.

These are things I see in an ideal Traction Wars... perhaps a few chapters in :D

Last edited:
Perhaps a small spoken briefing during the loading screen, where the NCO would explain the situation before them, what's known, enemy strength, church towers, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.