• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Discord for TW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

"All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life."

https://discordapp.com/features comparing with Ventrilo, Skype and Teampseak.

Would it be possible for TW to make a Discord channel for the game and its community?

It would be a great place to rendez-vous before, during, after the battles, or whenever just to chill and meet up with the lads :p

Aniallator

If Discord is good, perhaps it could be integrated and replace Mumble? It's free, and some people can't use Mumble.

FlyingR

If Discord is good, perhaps it could be integrated and replace Mumble? It's free, and some people can't use Mumble.

Nah, I believe mumble should definitely implemented. Discord in my opinion is more for relaxing and playing chilled games like Combat Mission :p , War Thunder, etc.

Simon

Making a Discord server is free and very easy, it would be nice to have it so we can talk to each other about.... everything I guess :D

FlyingR

Hey guys, I did a Discord server to test it out:

Discord

Just click that and it will take you to our Discord channel, come check it out! :)

Aniallator

Speaking of getting together, I should have some lightning fast landlubber internet on the first weekend of August (6th-7th), if you guys want to get together and play FH2/PR/R&L whatever then! Would love to squad up with you guys again :) Perhaps I'll even play SL :eek:

FlyingR

Speaking of getting together, I should have some lightning fast landlubber internet on the first weekend of August (6th-7th), if you guys want to get together and play FH2/PR/R&L whatever then! Would love to squad up with you guys again :) Perhaps I'll even play SL :eek:

For sure man, when you are free get on Discord, we have a few guys here already, we can organize something there :D

Aniallator

For sure man, when you are free get on Discord, we have a few guys here already, we can organize something there :D

I'll have crappy internet today (takes me a few minutes just to load a page), but tomorrow or in the next few days I'll try to catch you guys on Discord! What's a good time to try?

I might give this thing a try some time soon.

PS: [MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION] Clicking on the link gives me an invalid invite. Is it all still up and running?

Status
Not open for further replies.