• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Free Head Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

This is a feature that I really like in FPS games (especially ones that cater to realism). The ability to move the players head separate from the body is what allows a fun experience to become one of complete immersion. Like in ARMA II I think TW would benefit from being able to simply look around without having to move out of cover by accident or expose yourself when you dont want to. Now I know nothing about cryengine 3 or if this feature would be possible but I would be happy to see it in the game.

Of course there are more pressing issues and features that this game must deal with so I completely understand if this is lower on the list of priorities.

Doing it Just like in ArmA with *Alt* and then your head is free to move, is an excellent thing

+ of adding realism to TractionWars, Turning your head will maybe even save you : You're inside a building next to a window, and then you turn your head to watch outside (And don't just turn your whole body), nobody will see your rifle through the walls!

Nate

Yeah hannibal i really like that feature that RO 2 had (I just straight up love that game). Maybe even a soft cover method would be nice so you could go up to a wall you head auto turns slowly to be lookin on an angle towards the corner of the wall so your not doin the face first shimmy sideways into an mg. However if you do anything like this I think it shouldnt be button activated but more smooth and is "undone" simply by walking back from the wall a lil bit. Obviously there are other factors that go into how plausible this may but I think anything that can be done to subsitute for the lack of touch by using visual and camera cues is a good thing.

What yall think

Status
Not open for further replies.