• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Hope this isin't too prying

Status
Not open for further replies.
While having fun fiddling around with crytek making my own walther p38 model I noticed the traction wars team model for the weapon. Its very excellently detailed with actual polygons. Is it too prying to ask how many polygons are in the model?

volcol

The P38 is about 6k triangles, which it quite fair for a first person model nowadays. Of course, the third person model will be much lower. The model makes use of Normal maps to give it a more 'high poly' feel :)

The P38 is about 6k triangles, which it quite fair for a first person model nowadays. Of course, the third person model will be much lower. The model makes use of Normal maps to give it a more 'high poly' feel :)

That is the exact reason I asked :). My model is sitting at 3k polies for the first person model. That's really why the extractor or the firing pin cover weren't specifically modeled and are being detailed through textures. But now I know in the future that 6k is a good target :). Btw, the modeling work on that piece is very pleasing to the eye. I don't for the life of me know why its not on the main site but instead on mod db.

Status
Not open for further replies.