• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Large scale operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

hectorhfm

Hello guys, long time since I don't post anything. I would like to know if there will be large scale operations. I mean huge battles of many players.

For example,

Paratrooper operations such as: Operation Market Garden or the invasion of Crete.
Tank operations: Battle of Kursk, Battle of Villers-Bocage, etc.

And also small scale operations with Partisans.

Greetings,
Héctor

FlyingR

Hello guys, long time since I don't post anything. I would like to know if there will be large scale operations. I mean huge battles of many players.

For example,

Paratrooper operations such as: Operation Market Garden or the invasion of Crete.
Tank operations: Battle of Kursk, Battle of Villers-Bocage, etc.

And also small scale operations with Partisans.

Greetings,
Héctor

Hey Hector!

Look, in Chapter I they plan on doing 16 vs 16 just to see how it flows. If all goes smoothly, then they will make it 32 vs 32. It is a dream for some devs (and for the community) to make it up to 128 players games! It would be ****ing epic.

At the moment they are focusing on British campaign from D-Day onward, so most likely, Market Garden seems like a likely Chapter to be done! It would be awesome to play Market Garden with 128 players, that's for sure!

FlyingR

Vehicles and 128 player maps will bring the large scale you're looking for :)

It would be awesome if they made an Operation Market Garden with different gameplays for 128 players:
1. Arnhem only, infantry and Germans get vehicles (as it really was)
2. A huge ass map, where there would Nijmegen and Arnhem (maybe Driel and Oosterbeek in between). In the town of Nijmegen, it would be where all the British armored vehicles as the 30th corps would spawn (since they actually already relieved the town). Brits would spawn as Paras near Arnhem and as 30th corp in Nijmegen and have to rush to Arnhem. This one would be really awesome to play.

Aniallator

I don't know about a huge map, but I'd love to see Arnhem bridge plus some of Arnhem town on both banks of the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.