• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Live Gameserver Status Banner

FeuerSturm

Hi guys,

I'd like to share my Live Gameserver Status Banner for Vanguard: Normandy 1944 with you.

Here's an example of how it will look like:

If your unit/clan is running a gameserver and you would like to display a live status of it on
your website, you can either use a hosted predefined banner (see example above) or download the script from
GitHub and host it on your own webspace to customize it.

You can generate your hosted version HERE
or download the script HERE (be sure to read about the features and instructions HERE).

Big thanks to [146eRI] Clem' for informing me about the game and requesting the status banners for it
and also big thanks to General Naga for supplying the game logo and the map images.

This is work in progress, so feel free to leave feedback and suggestions!

Enjoy!

What is a Live Game Server Status? Is this going to be the servers in the lobby, so a list of servers is a list of banners? If that is the case: :giggle:
1 we would not need the 'Vanguard Normandy 1944' text, except we might need 'Normandy 1944' in the long term if the game includes other locations.
2 Where the Vanguard logo is a better image might be an icon of the map.
3 Then it will be possible to replace 'Map' text with ping and game status, waiting or running.
4 Along with the enlarged text, there would be space for 2 or more columns of banners.

FeuerSturm

Hey SneakyPara,
thanks for your reply!

First of all, this is a fan project, so I'm not affiliated with the developers of the game in any way.
The Live Game Server Status Banner is just a self-updating image that shows some information about a gameserver,
units/clans can use it to display the status of their gameservers on their websites.

The "Vanguard: Normandy 1944" text is neccesary to identify what game the server is running as the game logo
(units/clans can display their own logo) and backgrounds can be customized.
Here's an example, without the text nobody would know what game the server is running:

The banner is usin images of the map currently being played as background, getting a recognizable picture
of a map in that small size is almost impossible and it would probably look pretty bad.

I cannot retrieve the ping or the game status from outside of the game, furthermore the ping relative to the location
of each player and I could only display the ping between my webserver and the gameserver, but that won't be useful
at all to anyone outside Germany/Europe in general.

I'm not sure that I understand what you trying to tell me with your comment #4, could you please explain?

Have a nice day!

VG_bannr.jpg
Hello FeuerStorm,
I understand that your input is from a player not a developer. My comments were additional to your banner because it is a very good idea. 1. The map currently being played could be depicted as an outline and players would recognise the shape. 2. The devs would be able to put the ping in the banner, in the same way the lobby is currently implemented. 3. Two columns of banners would fit on the lobby screen.
Hope this makes sense.