• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Lowering Weapon Increasing FOV slightly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

In Arma 2 you have the ability to lower your weapon but it does not provide any benefit to the player so unless someone wants to "feel" immersed, they wont actually lower their weapon. I would like to pose the possibility of when having your weapon lowered you have your fov increased by lets say 5-10 degrees to simulate the player using their peripheral vision more rather than focusing where their rifle is aimed. Then when you raise your weapon you focus your vision and the fov is reduced back to 60 (i think that was the fov i saw mentioned somewhere on the forum). Also a slight endurance bonus could be given to simulate a more comfortable and manageable position of holding your weapon. Obviously these aren't tremendous bonuses but I think they would give people reason enough to lower their weapon when not in immediate combat.

MrT

I would like to pose the possibility of when having your weapon lowered you have your fov increased by lets say 5-10 degrees to simulate the player using their peripheral vision more rather than focusing where their rifle is aimed. Then when you raise your weapon you focus your vision and the fov is reduced back to 60
I'd like.. they skip (fearing it's used) the zoom going to ironsights from chest/hip aim, it would now be like: Wide view (not fire ready) - normal view (hip/chest fire ready) - same normal view for ironsight... But I would also love to be able to turn off forced fov changes. (Don't like pretending that I'm NOT a cyborg with a zoom-eye. (@_<)

And I also wish the two values were .cfg-able like in E.G Quake. (I'd set "unready wep" fov to the correct 105 for a 16:9, the equivalent to 4:3´s 90 but with extra sides).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.