• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Normandy In CryENGINE (WIP Map)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skr13

Last Crysis I played was Crysis 2, I could play on Very High @ 60fps(most of the time), and textures, details, image quality was much better than those screens.
I don't know what is your gfx card, but I know that even Crysis 1 still used for benchmarking purpose due to being so "heavy" to graphics cards.
BTW, FH2 use BF2 Refractor 2 engine, very old engine, if you try BF3 or BF4 that features Frostbite engine I'm sure you will see also several lags, fps drop...
Ok, I'm waiting for those screens ;)

Roughbeak

Okay, I will just give it a quick go. ;) Tell me what you think?

*My "gfx" card is a Nvdia geforce 610. With a resolution of 1920x1080 (32bit) (70Hz), if that makes any difference? :)

Skr13

Well, I think the signpost is fine, keep up the good work and keep listening the community suggestions :)

Man, that's not even a gaming graphics card, I wonder how can you even run CryEngine.
Many people over tech forums have the same opinion:

Minimum card listed on Cryengine page is Nvidia 8800gt, even being a 2007 card, still faster than yours.
CryDev*Official Downloads ?

If I had the money, myself would gift to you with a proper graphics card for a developer, at least something like GTX 750 Ti...

Skr13

Well, sorry to tell you, but the CPU is also terrible for gaming, it's a slow dual core, the year of the computer doesn't mean much, if you look at this chart, you'll see that your PC cpu is just on pair with 2007 quad core Q6600: PassMark - Intel Pentium G3240T @ 2.70GHz - Price performance comparison
(Of course that chart is just for reference)
I have i5 2500k overclocked @4.3Ghz, it's a 3 years old CPU, at the moment still fast enough for games I play, and still a very popular CPU among PC gamers, but sooner or later it will be not capable to do the job, being a PC gamer is not cheap hobby!

In your case, I wouldn't put another graphics card on that PC, it wouldn't make any difference in gaming performance, the CPU would create the "bottleneck" that prevents the faster graphics card to operate at it's full potential, being always limited by slow CPU.(I had that with a quad core, q9550 when purchased a new graphics card)

So to sum up this hardware talk, it's not me being a PC enthusiast or something, it's just that your computer is fine for BF2 and older titles but you're missing the modern games potential with such slow machine, I often say the same to my friends when they complain to me about bad performance in games, especially when they use Notebooks ;)

Roughbeak

A small update: :)

- More details in British base.
- Added new custom texture for "British blackboard", made from scratch in Photoshop.

Roughbeak

Nice, have you ever thought about adding flags from each faction? At least at headquarters :)

Very good suggestion, perhaps I could use the "props\misc\cloth\cloth_2", and add a different material. :)

Also, I thought about modifying the default minimap (generated in the SDK) in Photoshop to make it akin to fairly advanced Forgotten Hope 2 ones. ;)

Last edited:

Skr13

I don't know what "props\misc\cloth\cloth_2" means, as I never used Cryengine SDK but I believe in your skills to do it ;)
I will be waiting for new screens...

Roughbeak

Okay, I finally got around uploading the video.

The video is just to display this flag, "flag pole", the movement of it, and the heightmap from Geo Control 2. :)

Skr13

Nice job Roughbeak!
And when the wind blows, like near Normandy beaches, if there's a flag there, it should move like this:
Anyway, I'm glad you're been following the suggestions, if I remember something to add, I'll tell you. ;)

Roughbeak

Yes, I wish I could add some more blow to it - notably some up and down. I'm just using the default object and using a custom material. I'm quite limited, indeed, but it still is more realistic then just being a static object. :)

----

British flag being tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.