• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Rally Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Like it was mentioned in the other post, how would the rally points work? Would it be like PR? Would it disappear if enemies are close by or shooting nearby? Would you have to destroy it with a gun or you would have to place satchels or TNT sticks or something like that? Could you place it near enemy lines? Would it disappear in a certain amount of time? Discuss away! How many could the leader

Aniallator

Sorry I couldn't reply to this sooner, I didn't have a chance before I was out of Internet range for the week. Here we go!

IMO, an SL shouldn't be able to place more than one rally at a time; also, if you're in, say, Section One, than the rallies of other sections shouldn't appear as spawn options (even though you can't spawn on them) in the deployment screen (it always annoys me that they did this in PR). Now, I think a rally should be limited by spawns and time. Once it's been spawned on ten times, or has been present for ten minutes, the rally should disappear. If rallies are just limited by spawns, then an SL could place a rally then have his section spawn at objectives, so were the enemy to overrun the area the section could spawn behind enemy lines. If rallies are just limited by time, then a section could of course spawn on one dozens of times without it disappearing, so long as it's within the time limit. Thus, having both spawn and time limits is best.

As an SL, once the rally you placed has disappeared, you shouldn't be able to place another one for two minutes. I don't think rallies should be limited in placement - you should be able to put one anywhere - and I don't think you should be able to destroy them. However, IMO they should disappear if just one enemy comes close, though unlike objectives, enemies should have to come VERY close, like three meters (and also unlike objectives in that an objective should take at least a few enemies to temporarily disable spawning, not just one). Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.