• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

realism ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everman

like i have said in other post, i have had many ideas for a good world war 2 games that i have expressed to other programmers but were never made a reality. oh well. but i am going to express my ideas here too. if you make them a reality but if not that is alright too. so here goes...

- Ranking system

i have read the posts about ranking systems and many of the have some good ideas. however, the same comments keep popping up that they have decided not to have a ranking system. big mistake. WHY! well...

1. that is how the army has worked since and even before world war 2. adding it would make the game more realistic. just saying

2. if there is going to be a squad system in this game there must be a leader. that is just how the army/marines work. without a leader how are the soldiers in the group supposed to know where to go, what to shoot at, and so on. it will just revert back to the traditional lonewolf kind of play where everyone does what they want to while trying to complete a common goal. this game will be just like every other online game out there.

3. PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO ANOTHER BATTLEFIELD SQUAD SYSTEM!!! that game is one of the most realistic multiplayer combat games out there but the squad system is useless. all it is good for is to spawn somewhere closer to the objective that you need/want to capture or into a vehicle you want to be a part of. it doesnt promote any kind of cooperative team work at all. think back, have you ever seen someone/you in that game really stick together in that game as a squad? maybe once or twice but hardly ever. usually they spawn in then run away to where ever they want to go. doesnt work.

i have added a pic of how a squad is set up in the army. just click the link below
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/71-1/1-04.gif

my next idea coming soo.

Status
Not open for further replies.