• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Selecting Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

I'm guessing there are 5-6 main kits that you choose when you spawn (medic, section leader, lmg, etc.) how will you choose the special kits (sniper, engineer, tank crew, etc.)?

Crates? Kits will be on the table/floor like FH1? Assigned by someone?

As for the tank crew, and if there is multi-tank crew system, would it be possible to have a separate tank officer kit and tank crew kit? The officer would have binoculars, the ability to communicate with other squads or commander, and other things as well.

I don't know the actual difference in side arms that the crews and officer had, but if there were any difference would it be realistically implemented?

Aniallator

Here's how I see it... all kits are chosen on the spawn screen; however, "special" kits that require X number of players in the section before being unlocked are grayed out the same way a kit that's been maxed out is, plus a lock icon over it. When X players join the section, the kit becomes unlocked. Simple as that. No need for crates, which are actually pretty unrealistic, considering that you're changing yourself from one role to another while in-game, not while on the spawn screen.

And great suggestion for tanks crews! I'd been thinking that for multi-crew tanks, we'd need a system like PR:WW2 where if you're the only person in the tank - the driver - all other positions are locked. There's no need for that in TW, because we can just have different roles for each position, where you can only enter the position that your role applies to. For example, as a tank commander, you can only enter the commander position, or as a tank driver, you can only enter the driver position, and so on.

FlyingR

Here's how I see it... all kits are chosen on the spawn screen; however, "special" kits that require X number of players in the section before being unlocked are grayed out the same way a kit that's been maxed out is, plus a lock icon over it. When X players join the section, the kit becomes unlocked. Simple as that. No need for crates, which are actually pretty unrealistic, considering that you're changing yourself from one role to another while in-game, not while on the spawn screen.

And great suggestion for tanks crews! I'd been thinking that for multi-crew tanks, we'd need a system like PR:WW2 where if you're the only person in the tank - the driver - all other positions are locked. There's no need for that in TW, because we can just have different roles for each position, where you can only enter the position that your role applies to. For example, as a tank commander, you can only enter the commander position, or as a tank driver, you can only enter the driver position, and so on.

Yes, yes, yes, yes! I like and agree with everything you said.

Maybe what the devs could with the tank is that if there is a low number of players, it can be manned by 1 person, but if the number of players is more than half or something like that then you would need a full tank crew.
The Admins of the servers could have the option of choosing 1 man, multi crew, or both depending on the server numbers.

If it is too complicated then have multi-crew, it's the best and realistic.

Aniallator

Maybe what the devs could with the tank is that if there is a low number of players, it can be manned by 1 person, but if the number of players is more than half or something like that then you would need a full tank crew.
The Admins of the servers could have the option of choosing 1 man, multi crew, or both depending on the server numbers.

If it is too complicated then have multi-crew, it's the best and realistic.

I think keep it to multi-crew, because to operate a tank effectively, you need a minimum of just two players; the driver, and the gunner. If you can't find a second person to tank with, you shouldn't be tanking anyway. Also, if one player were able to control a tank on his own then there would doubtless be cases of lone wolves that hop in a tank and scurry off.

FlyingR

I think keep it to multi-crew, because to operate a tank effectively, you need a minimum of just two players; the driver, and the gunner. If you can't find a second person to tank with, you shouldn't be tanking anyway. Also, if one player were able to control a tank on his own then there would doubtless be cases of lone wolves that hop in a tank and scurry off.

Yes, I agree with you, but if the numbers are low for example the server has 12 vs 12, it would be better for the gameplay if it was 1 man tank rather than 4+ men (because that would be the number of multi crew as done in real life) so that it would allow a more exciting gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.