• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

silence says alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was listening to the sound effects and ambient noise... I had an idea: What if, you put the birds and other animal sounds on a separate layer, so that when soldiers are moving nearby the birds will stop chirping, just a tiny little detail, to warn someone is nearby. This would sort of require that the bird sounds have a area of origin, and not just being played like a music soundtrack, so that they can be turned off locally, based on where the soldiers are. But if for example you attach the bird sound to trees, then the tree can be used as the maypole that you can use to give the sounds a sense of direction. if a player approaches near the tree the birds in said tree will go silent. It's a petty little detail, but it can save your skin when someone is sneaking up on you. It's sort of wired into us as part of our primal instinct. Any sudden change, like animals going quiet or sudden drop or increase in wind, moving shadow out of the corner of our eyes, it triggers a gut reaction. We ignore it in our day to day lives, because we're not animals living in the woods anymore, but when in a survival situation, it all comes back to us.

Last edited:

yrumad11

Vanguard Backer
Now that you mention it, I'd love if they could add this in and maybe even have birds that fly away if you get too close to them to really add immersion. This I am sure is probably hard to do and time consuming so I assume it won't come when the game is released, but it would be cool if they could add it in later.

Status
Not open for further replies.