• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Silent Hunter III 50% off on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feldmeijer

Esu21

I think I might pick this game as well with what I got left from my Steam wallet. I'm going almost 2 months on vacation and I'll need some games to play offline xD

Do you need to know a lot about submarine warfare to play this game "correctly"?

drummer93

I think I might pick this game as well with what I got left from my Steam wallet. I'm going almost 2 months on vacation and I'll need some games to play offline xD

Do you need to know a lot about submarine warfare to play this game "correctly"?

"correctly" is "realistically"?.

You can play it as an "arcade", but if you want a real submarine experience, you have to play it in full realistic. You can see interesting tutorials in youtube. The mods make the game even more realistic, and can be a little annoying at first, but you can learn a lot about submarines and navigation in general.

Feldmeijer

"correctly" is "realistically"?.

You can play it as an "arcade", but if you want a real submarine experience, you have to play it in full realistic. You can see interesting tutorials in youtube. The mods make the game even more realistic, and can be a little annoying at first, but you can learn a lot about submarines and navigation in general.

Heheh... install GWX and then try to attack a convoy after mid-1943. You'll see why losses ramped up so dramatically in that year. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.