• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Steam access

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanher

Is everyone required to have Steam ? How exactly is the community using it for ? thanks for the reply. btw, i am new here and just doing some catch up.

TheBuG

At this moment Steam is not required as far as I know. They are looking into the idea of adding TW to Steam as judging by the replies made to the suggestions thread about it. I do however doubt that it will be steam only, unless they're thinking to add the steam cloud etc. But on the other hand, Steam is not as evil as some people think. I thought it was bad when I didn't have it, now I love it.

Moody

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if it's on steam at all. It's easier to distribute patches, and since TW is a multiplayer game the problem of requiring a connection to play the game doesn't matter. It would definitely help to give the game more popularity, especially if they featured it on the front page upon release somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.