• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Suppression and Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

Awesome suggestions @McDaddy! I agree with everything but having a breathing key, I don't think that's necessary.

PR did many things well, but suppression was not one of them.

As for passing ammunition, I'd really, really, really, like to be able to pass any type of ammunition I have to any team mate.

McDaddy

I think the breathing key would be a step ahead of most suppression system and would be realistic, since tactical breathing is something you have to take the time to do and is not done automatically when youre in combat, I received a course 3 weeks ago about tactical casualty care, and there was that part about tactical breathing,
there was a chart of the different step of stress, stress_1.jpg, and what they taught us, was that you had to frequently stop and assess your combat effectiveness, by stoping and identifying what status you were if youre in the grey area, you had to do the tactical breathing until you were ready to fight because once in the black panic kicks in and that's were some flee from combat or become completly useless

and by the way if anyone is interrested in tactical breathing the idea is : you take a deep breath for 4 sec, than hold it for 4 sec, exhale for 4 sec, and wait 4 sec before restarting the "4sec breathing square"(each step is done in 4 sec) and you do those 4 steps 3 times, and those 3x4steps that is tactical breating, if you want to try it, go run up and down the stairs once or a few jumping jacks would do, take your heartrate, then do the tactical breathing, take your heart rate again, mine droped by 20bpm,
and in combat you would do exactly that take your heart rate and do the tactical breathing until your heartrate is at the desired level

FlyingR

That's a pretty cool thing to know! Thanks for sharing that.

The thing is that I'm not sure if they taught that back in 1940s, although what the devs could do is give the German side some meth so that they don't get scared of any suppression!

Status
Not open for further replies.