• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Tank Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

What about the tank crew having the capability of destroy the tank if it is heavy damaged?

Even better! Abandoning needs to be up to a vote though, so some no-good commander can't just abandon the tank for no reason. Voting to abandon your tank would result in all the crew being removed and the tank becoming non-enterable, disappearing after the same wait time as wreck models.

Fair points, but I think this is one of the parts that the devs would have to decide between realism and fun. I think just for the sake of gameplay there should repairing because once the tank is lost, it should be lost for a long time (15 mins give or take). This means that the crew should know when to retreat to repair and when to fight. Repairing would take a long time, and I find retreating and repairing a tank more realistic than a tank destroying itself. If a tank would be abandoned, it should be left there until it is destroyed by someone and not by itself, because people will have that "oh well, it's damaged so let's get out and it will respawn itself" mentality. Sometimes you have to be in an urban area to defend or sometimes you can't just be at least a hundred meters from your enemy. That's why I insist that if you have to or plan to be in this situation it would work out to turn off your engine so you would be in an advantage.

In the end repairing is just a way to cheat the long spawn times, and personally I think a damaged tank getting destroyed is way more realistic than one getting fully repaired in a matter of minutes... replacing tracks alone could take hours. There'd still be a fifteen or so minute spawn time and no way to repair any damage, so I don't see how players would be more wasteful; quite the opposite, if there's repairing players would play knowing that if they get any damage they can just pull out and repair it. If your tank's damaged but a section requests you support them in assaulting a town, then so be it, that's good realism. For example, RO2 doesn't allow repairs, and it's excellent that way IMO; it has hands down the best tank system of an FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.