• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

TDM Game Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

What do you guys think of this mode TDM (Team Deathmatch) or whatever you want to call it in TW?

Make it so if you die, you die for the whole round. For Chapter I, since maps are small and fast it would be great. The point of this game would be that so you have to carefully plan every move you make, as an individual and as a team. You would truly be afraid of dying, so to speak, you would think twice before opening a door in the house or crossing the street. It would basically be like conquest (with capping the flags and time limit) but everyone would have 1 life.

Of course there would also be conquest mode, which is the principal mode that the devs want to implement.

mmiedzianyy

Great idea, it would be very realistic. Something like King of the Hill, The last man standing or whatever.

About TDM, i think it should be implemented. Why? Because i would like to practice my skills in noncommittal way, thats all.

Mars

Pathfinder Games
I am keen on a 'quick and easy' game mode where you don't want to commit too much time to playing a game. Good suggestion.

FlyingR

About TDM, i think it should be implemented. Why? Because i would like to practice my skills in noncommittal way, thats all.

This is a very good point, playing this game mode would definitely improve your skills (patience especially).
[MENTION=1595]Mars[/MENTION], is it confirmed that there will be multiple game modes or just conquest with different maps/settings?

Mars

Pathfinder Games
This is a very good point, playing this game mode would definitely improve your skills (patience especially).
@Mars, is it confirmed that there will be multiple game modes or just conquest with different maps/settings?

Right now we just have 'Skirmish' which works the same as Conquest, but we can also add capture orders (so it's more like Rush in Battlefield). As we've had to re-design our levels for 32 players we're heading more in the direction of Rush, but tbh that can change.

drummer93

This (or something similar) was proposed by sack of potatoes in the thread named "YOLO gamemode", search it.

I played this kind of game mode in Resistance & Liberation. Is very very very intense. The "problem" is that you need a long preparation time. The coordination is critical.

FlyingR

This (or something similar) was proposed by sack of potatoes in the thread named "YOLO gamemode", search it.

I played this kind of game mode in Resistance & Liberation. Is very very very intense. The "problem" is that you need a long preparation time. The coordination is critical.

How easy it is for us to forget things, good call drummer,
Especially when even I shut that idea down hahahaha! :D

Although to be fair, it is quite different from what I suggested. If you die then go to the menu it can get very annoying so it's just better that you stay in the game, and restar once the round ends. Like Rainbow Six: Siege. I agree drummer, there should definitely be more time to prepare (including using a drawable minimap :D ).

It is true that lag and connection problems will bring up many rage quitters (especially in countries where internet is **** like Argentina), but it will be an alternative to just skirmish!

drummer93

Although to be fair, it is quite different from what I suggested. If you die then go to the menu it can get very annoying so it's just better that you stay in the game, and restar once the round ends. Like Rainbow Six: Siege. I agree drummer, there should definitely be more time to prepare (including using a drawable minimap :D ).

I agree, and is really funny see your mates playing after you die too. I spend great times playing that mode in R&L, so I like the idea

Aniallator

So a one life game mode, like Skirmish minus rallies, tickets, anything spawn-related? Or no flags as well, so it's two teams trying to eliminate one another? Anyway, sounds like a fun alternate game mode! As [MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION] pointed out, planning during the prep phase will be key to success, so IMO have a four minute prep time as opposed to the normal two.

FlyingR

So a one life game mode, like Skirmish minus rallies, tickets, anything spawn-related? Or no flags as well, so it's two teams trying to eliminate one another? Anyway, sounds like a fun alternate game mode! As @drummer93 pointed out, planning during the prep phase will be key to success, so IMO have a four minute prep time as opposed to the normal two.

Yes, I mean it would be better to be objective wise as in capture a flag or something so people don't just spawn camp and don't individually move out just to kill people rather than they still have to work together to accomplish a mission. Prep time should be more important in this game-mode than in Conquest and here would also be a time limit.

drummer93

Yes, I mean it would be better to be objective wise as in capture a flag or something so people don't just spawn camp and don't individually move out just to kill people rather than they still have to work together to accomplish a mission. Prep time should be more important in this game-mode than in Conquest and here would also be a time limit.

Objetives or time out are important in this kind of modes if you want short matches. I remember a time I played one life match in R&L that I spent literally a half of hour hitting the dirt covering a corner. No team wanted to advance :p

Last edited:

FlyingR

Objetives or time out are important in this kind of modes if you want short matches. I remember a time I played one life match in R&L that I spend literally a half of hour hitting the dirt covering a corner. No team wanted to advance :p

Exactly!

Aniallator

Okay, then IMO have only one flag in the one life game mode, as more than that is pointless because there'll be hardly anyone to cap it. Insurgency has a similar (and very fun and intense) game mode that's the same, except players who've been killed can respawn when their team captures a flag. Perahps this could be a third game mode between it, Skirmish, and hardcore one life. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.