• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

This guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Well this lad lives in Australia and God knows how or why he goes into some forest and just builds stuff from natural resources. He doesn't say a word.
This video came up some day on Facebook last year and I started following him since.

He also builds different tools, huts, weapons and such.
I would love very much to have that opportunity, to just go out in the woods and build sh*t, but I can't, so I guess I'll have to buy Farcry and live with it :p

Aniallator

Man, that guy knows his stuff! I've personally built lots of shelters and things, depending on where I am, but nothing nearly that complex! When I was in Chagos, my mate and I built a simple shelter where we split a dozen palm fronds and laced them together in two beds, then built an A-frame over the head-end and laid palm fronds on the windward length as a windbreak (we set up the windbreak at around ten at night because the wind got so ****ing cold xD). We'd dug up these tiny clams, knocked down some coconuts, and speared some crabs for dinner. Chagos is in the middle of nowhere in the central Indian ocean, the only residents being the 2000 or so American military personnal on the HUGE air force/naval base on Diego Garcia (any heavy air strikes in Afghanistan are launched from there). It wasn't until a few days later that we learned that killing crabs and spending a night ashore in Chagos is illegal and enforced by the military xD

FlyingR

I've been following this guy from his first video, and the guy uploads videos once a few months and so. In each video you see this guy build awesome stuff including weapons, vases, including gardening, etc.

BUT NOW! This mothertrucker built himself a blower, not just ANY blower though, but a fricking forge blower, to make iron pelts!

For some this may seem like meh, but damn this guy is overall fantastic and intriguing, especially since he doesn't talk in any of his videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.