• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Weapon resting & Modable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemp

Hey guys, I got two questions. Will this game have weapon resting similar to Red Orchestra Ostfront? Something like the weapon collides with the enviroment so you can rest your weapon on objects to reduce sway and such. This feature is very rare in FPS and works excellent in RO imo. I think this would be a great addition to the realistic gameplay.

And also, are there any plans to release mod tools or map editor for custom stuff, especially community created maps?

Thanks in advance.

Sir Apple

I would hope to have the weapon resting feature, it is very nice and realistic feeling in RO2 :)

As for modability, its something we rarely discuss internally as its not our focus so we can't really give you an answer. But I don't know that we will allow community access to our content for modding and such, least wise in the first release(s). For things like a map editor you would simply use the downloadable SDK tools, but, as said I don't know that we are interested at the moment in allowing for community mapping and such.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Personaly I would love to give the community modtools to build and make there own stuff for Traction Wars. Like bf2, it keeps the game alive :)

But yeah, as Apple said, currently where focussing finishing the game itself.

Roughbeak

Please tell me there will be a infantry> "lift and climb move" in TW (to get over obstacles), like they had in Warface (which is an awesome game!). :)

Stroke

Plus for giving out full mod-tools (which you would most likely need for a fully modable game) you'd need some sort of licensing agreement with Crytek for their sandbox editor. If you look at Red Orchestra 2 you'll know what I mean. Their SDK is basically a UDK tailered to RO2.

Status
Not open for further replies.