• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
are the sights on rifles and MGs going to be adjustable .and on the MG 34 and 42 are going to a bill to replace the barrel like you can in RO2

steffenbk1

are the sights on rifles and MGs going to be adjustable .and on the MG 34 and 42 are going to a bill to replace the barrel like you can in RO2
In some case if they don't make it, so you can change barrels on the mg34 - 42. They should make a cooldown timer, if you just hold the trigger down for a longer period of time. Since with the high rate of the mg42, with no cooldown or barrel overheating. It might get very unbalanced

Aniallator

TW wouldn't be a realism game without barrel overheating. I'm sure the devs will implement it realistically... not like in RO2, where your barrel overheats after 100 rounds of sustained fire then magically cools down.

Esu21

TW wouldn't be a realism game without barrel overheating. I'm sure the devs will implement it realistically... not like in RO2, where your barrel overheats after 100 rounds of sustained fire then magically cools down.
But also don't make it so just with 30 round of MP40 your weapon gets overheated...

siben

This might be interesting for some of you to know, weapons get very hot very fast, if i shoot 20 bullets true any of my rifles fast, then it is so hot that it will give you burns, 30 bullets is 2nd degree burn if you touch the barrel.
What i read about the vickers is that after about 100 bullets of continious fire the water starts steaming in the reservoir. So boiling hot.

Now, the real question would be, how many bullet can you shoot before the barrel would be destroyed, also, how much fun would ruined on the oposing team if machine guns would overheat to slow

I so no reason for smg's or rifles to overheat, even though i have read reports about that happening during battles, where the bolt would just get stuck after shooting a few hundred bullets in a very short time in combat.

I wonder though, does anyone here have a smg? how quickly does it become to hot for the touch?

Aniallator

German MG gunners were taught to change barrels after 250 rounds of sustained fire, or after 400 rounds in an emergency. In RO2 your barrel is destroyed after 150 rounds. I just think overheating should be implemented more realistically in TW. Say your barrel becomes unusable after 250 rounds, at least for the MG 34 and 42? It should depend on the weapon. I can't imagine the impact on gameplay being much at all.

VonMudra

Uhh...can you specify...? There were many grenade launchers in WW2, with most major combatants deploying them....

VonMudra

Actually that is a M2, for use with the Springfield and P17 rifles. The M7 was a later model designed for use with the Garand, and would disable the gas system in order to prevent weapon damage.

The Grenade itself seen in that pic is the M1 projector with a M2 grenade attached to it. There were many times of rifle grenade used by the US Army in WWII, including fragmentation, HEAT, and smoke.

All that sId, no, that rifle grenade launcher will not be in Traction Wars as it is an American weapon, and the upcoming game and following release will be focused on the British/Commonwealth/Exile Allied forces and the Germans. After those are finished, then we can look as possibly adding the American army.

Status
Not open for further replies.