• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What are you guys doing for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Well since xmas eve is tonight for me, I was wondering what will you guys do?

Us, South Americans basically celebrate Christmas eve and open presents at 12:00 on the 25th. Sadly the 24th and 25th I have to work but my family came here to Beijing and we are going to make a big dinner with friends until 3-4am ish and then party the 25th at night.

The Chinese don't celebrate Christmas, they don't even know what it means (What's hard to understand about a fat guy from the North Pole on a sled putting presents under a tree?) but they have and sell all the decorations and people buy it.

volcol

I'll be finding time off work to create more work for myself :D

Will have some respite over the Christmas period but I find it very difficult to go without doing something art related for much more than 2 or 3 days.

Aniallator

Well, I was hoping to be in Simon's Town by now, but the weather has dictated otherwise... so Christmas in Durban it is. It turns out South Africa doesn't really get cold, so I get to enjoy yet another snowless Christmas. Christmas not really being a big African thing, I've been playing endless Bing Crosby and Sinatra to get in the mood ;) I have some good friends here, so looking forward to celebrating Christmas together!

FlyingR

Well, we might have a special Christmas surprise tonight here in Beijing!
U.S. Embassy in Beijing Warns of Threat Against Foreigners - Bloomberg Business

The U.S. Embassy in Beijing said Thursday it received information of possible threats against Westerners visiting a popular shopping district in the Chinese capital on or around Christmas Day.

In a message sent to U.S. citizens, the embassy urged heightened vigilance and said that it had issued the same guidance to American government personnel. The Sanlitun district of Beijing, for which the warning was issued, is home to numerous bars and restaurants and is also where Apple Inc. opened its first store in China in 2008.
The area has also been the site of violence.

In August, a sword-wielding man
attacked a Chinese woman and a French man, with the woman later dying at a local hospital, according to a report by the official Xinhua News Agency.

There's already lots of military personel and bomb snifing dogs around the area. I live like 15 min walk from there. These Chinese are getting crazier by the minute!

I am positively going to stuff myself with pheasant and gratin dauphinois tonight.

Tomorrow I shall try to remain calm when I'm with the... how to put it politely... family nincompoops. And wonder what kind of culinary horror will present itself.

Oh, and also study a bit.

To all who celebrate, Merry Christmas to you and your families and TW Dev`s all the best in `16

Drink, be merry, remember,its better to give than receive...........

Africandave

Well, I was hoping to be in Simon's Town by now, but the weather has dictated otherwise... so Christmas in Durban it is. It turns out South Africa doesn't really get cold, so I get to enjoy yet another snowless Christmas. Christmas not really being a big African thing, I've been playing endless Bing Crosby and Sinatra to get in the mood ;) I have some good friends here, so looking forward to celebrating Christmas together!

Christmas in southern hemisphere is always strange :D This is my first Christmas in Scotland but no snow!!! dang it.
I have had many Happy Christmases in S.A, Get some boerewors on the braai , crack open a box of castle and go for a swim.
Since living in S.A, NZ and AUS Christmas is very different to here in UK, wonderful markets and mulled wine in the cold. I went to the highlands because it has been so mild.
Xmas was spent drinking scotch to warm my belly
Hope the hangovers are kind to you all this season.

Killen

Simply, nothing.

I don't believe in any relig...

JESUS CHRIST DON'T KILL ME PLEASNFHJTIE

Don't ask why

Aniallator

Christmas in southern hemisphere is always strange :D This is my first Christmas in Scotland but no snow!!! dang it.
I have had many Happy Christmases in S.A, Get some boerewors on the braai , crack open a box of castle and go for a swim.
Since living in S.A, NZ and AUS Christmas is very different to here in UK, wonderful markets and mulled wine in the cold. I went to the highlands because it has been so mild.
Xmas was spent drinking scotch to warm my belly
Hope the hangovers are kind to you all this season.

Yeah man, NOTHING like a good braai :D

Status
Not open for further replies.