• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

10 Days to Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
We have 10 day to go, just over halfway through the campaign and we are over 60% of the way to our target. According to statistics 98% of projects succeed who get this far*.. and we have no intention of being part of the remaining 2%! Thank you to all our backers for your support.
We are going to work even harder over the next 10 days to bring the project we have all spent years working on in our free time to a public launch. First though here’s a short clip taken during last night’s small scale internal testing

This is a good opportunity to re-cap the top questions which keep coming up about Kickstarter.

1. If I back now and you don’t hit the target am I at risk?
No. If we don’t hit the target your card never gets charged. You only pay your pledge if we hit the target which gives us the money we need to launch the game onto Steam Early Access later this year. So there’s no need to wait and see what happens – pledge today!

2. PayPal isn’t accepted / I don’t have a credit/debit card / I’ve already backed – can I still help?
Yes! Kickstarter accepts prepaid cards which you can get online or at some physical stores. Check out the Kickstarter Support page for details about which types of card are accepted.

Don’t want to/can’t back the project financially but still want to help?

Help us by spreading the word about the project. Adverts are expensive and generally bad at reaching people who might be interested. Talk to your friends, colleagues, squads, clans and the guy at your favourite pizza place about us. You never know who they know, who might also help.

3. Why is funding all-or-nothing?
It’s just how Kickstarter works. This is what Kickstarter have to say about it:

“All-or-nothing funding means that no one will be charged for a pledge towards a project unless it reaches its funding goal. This way, creators always have the budget they scoped out before moving forward. All-or-nothing funding is a core part of Kickstarter and has a number of advantages:
  • It’s less risk for everyone. If a project doesn’t reach its funding goal, creators will not be expected to complete their project without the funds necessary to do so, and backers will not be charged.
  • It motivates. Adding a sense of urgency motivates your community to spread the word and rally behind your project.
  • It works. Of the projects that have reached 60% of their funding goal, 98% were successfully funded. We find that projects either realize and surpass their goal, or they never fully take off.”
Source: Kickstarter Support
* Statistic Source

Reactions: Ray
Status
Not open for further replies.