• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

3D Local Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moody

Sorry to keep posting RnL videos, but to me this is a must.

[video=youtube;WsgHAl5NL_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsgHAl5NL_E[/video]

Adds to immersion, fun time talking to the enemies in the other house. Can also be used to blast Flight of the Valkyrie while bayonet charging.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Positional VOIP has always been on my personal wish list but it needs a shout and whisper key in my experience to avoid issues with voice activated mics.

It's a wee bit frustrating after quietly moving into position for surprise to be ruined by someone having to shout into their mic and alerting the enemy in the process.

Whether it will be in C1 is another matter ;)

Moody

RnL didn't have it till their beta release, so I wouldn't expect you guys to have it working for a while (if at all). But if you don't include 3D local voice on release, I would say make VOIP be local and just have a radius to it (make it team only VOIP, due to the lack of whispering or shouting).

brrr

TW Developer
Big fan of the 3d local voice on RNL, definitely adds an extra layer of realism and atmosphere to the game. Especially in circumstances where you can hear German players talking outside of a house or room that your hiding in, allows players to use sound as well as sight to make judgements/predictions on where the enemy is :).

As Naga said its on our wishlist, whether or not it will make it into first release is another matter.

Komrade

I also enjoyed 3D local voice on RnL, was always exciting to listen enemy talking in house next to you. Then just throw a grenade through the window and listen enemys yelling "**** TAKE COVER GRENADE!" xD

I liked how in RnL people that played germans were all like : YAH, Fur Hitlar, Yah ! Mein Kampf, Yah !

Even if they did not know what the hell did that mean
So you were behind a door hearing those guys screaming scrap for the fun of it
3D local voice can also be helpful in some defensive positions, calling for support of a close-ranged ally, ammo, etc

I'm Sure implementing that into the game would be some ****ing epicness

Edit: Also, Luring (If this does mean what i think it does) Ennemies in your booby traps!

Corialement,
Squirrel

Urm, I cannot think of any other uses for the 3D local voice, but you guys are so damn full of imagination!

I am actually out of town for a deceased grandmother ;(

I am fully going to use that if it is ever added to TW

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
To me this seems like a must for our realism aims. There could perhaps be different levels of VOIP which could be selected by the user, like team wide or this local option. Maybe the team commander and squad leaders could have a level-wide talking option as well to simulate radios in the field? But I suppose it comes down to what we manage to build in :p

Nate

I wonder if you could do a radio model kind of like some of those arma 2 ww2 mods. Where one soldier has a radio and the commander or squad leader goes to the radio op to transfer a message to another radio op. Also this brings up the possibility of having runners who would need to relay progress back from squad leaders to team leaders. By removing the omnipotent nature of having full comms to all soldiers I think there may be some very intense moments where you are not sure if a squad has succeeded in taking an objective and you must hope your flank will hold. Maybe a bit too involved just for a comms system but hey you never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.