• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Airdrops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindfire

Will there be a way to call in supplies and what not into the battlefield? Maybe a squad leader could throw a smoke grenade to designate a drop point? Ammo, weapons, maybe even anti-tank vehicles(PACs and what not)

Troy

Sounds very cod like! Perhaps certain vehicles that are driven by people are able to resupply or drop supplies of people would be a better idea? It sounds to similar to care packages. But the section leader being the only one who can call it in would be a nice idea.

Nic727

It could be nice for smoke grenade of different colors.

Green = safe landing zone for paratrooper (if in the game there is C47 pilot and paratroopers)
Blue or yellow = Ressuplies/need support (only if the support class have limited ammo for other people)
Red = Objective designation for aircraft (to drop bombs here) and for tank

Blindfire

I didnt say killstreak lol, I dont understand why it reminds you of it. When I posted this I was thinking of a mix of CoH and Red Orchestra.

Troy

It wouldn't give the game a very good feel to it. If it was an actual player in the cockpit dropping supplies then it would be better. I hate multiplayer games that use AI to simulate something. With this idea it would give you a constant supply of ammo. I would rather people trying to conserve there ammo instead of shooting into nowhere wasting through ammo. It just wouldn't feel realistic having a constant supply of ammunition!

Blindfire

I'm all for making the game as realistic as possible, but I'm worried about the playerbase. Not many people are fond of realism, not to mention the trolls and Non-English speaking players that will be playing. Thats my only concern so far.

Troy

I'm all for making the game as realistic as possible, but I'm worried about the playerbase. Not many people are fond of realism, not to mention the trolls and Non-English speaking players that will be playing. Thats my only concern so far.
Surely encouraging a non realistic player base is completely pointless! If they aren't interested in realism then they shouldn't be playing.

Blindfire

True, but 90% of gamers worldwide arent interested in realism. I'm worried that the game wont be as popular as it deserves to be. I really dont see anything unrealistic about calling in supply drops (just because CoD has it, doesnt mean its automatically unrealistic). Just think about it: who would volunteer in pub games to go and drop off supplies and stuff. Dont get me wrong, I love the idea of a human player doing that. Its just that the job itself, despite it being realistic, is tedious.

Troy

Im sure many people would like the job of dropping of supplies. Also, the game deserves a good community of long term realistic players. Take RnL for instance, 1000's come and go over a week and troll around. Noone respects the realism the game has to offer.

ScheifferB

Im sure many people would like the job of dropping of supplies. Also, the game deserves a good community of long term realistic players. Take RnL for instance, 1000's come and go over a week and troll around. Noone respects the realism the game has to offer.

Unfortunately I don't think RnL cuts it as having a realistic gaming community anymore, and you can blame YouTuber "Kriken/Criken" or what ever the hell his name is for this. Nobody respects the realism the game has to offer anymore because of the trolling that was encouraged in his videos.

In regards to the actual topic, I like the idea of supplies being driven to the front line but I don't like the idea of them being dropped.

Why not?

Well, same response that Troy gave, nobody likes to see A.I. simulating in the battlefield. Let the players have a role where they can provide logistical support. Or if this idea is too far out there, just allow soldiers to resupply each other with their personal ammo

Sir Apple

Rising Storm and Red Orchestra 2 have a strong realism fanbase and its always seemed to maintain it. People who troll should just be banned and put away. A lot of it has to do with the game and what it does for the player. Making the game difficult to troll in is a good starting point.

And its not like Traction Wars is going to be super hardcore elite realism that only the bravest will play. We want to equally make an inviting game that has a consistently growing playerbase. Its a delicate balance :)

VonMudra

I should note that the only supply drops happening in WW2 were massive aerial undertakings generally in supply of pockets. They weren't dropping ammo out of planes to supply a single tank. :p

ScheifferB

And its not like Traction Wars is going to be super hardcore elite realism that only the bravest will play.

What!? it's not!?

For gods sake.. I've been doing press ups, pull ups, and hill sprints for months in preparation for this game. What a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.