• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Anti-tank boy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouRek

Hello everyone
I make a small suggestion I have is if someone has not already speak
but he had the anti-tank guns Boy.

800px-Boys_anti-tank_rifle.JPG

Sir Apple

I may be wrong, and I'm sure this will be verified by our researcher team, but I don't think the Boys was very common in Normandy?

YouRek

Hi
yes I just saw her apparently he was forsaken of the output of PIAT
desolate I should inform myself before ^^

sorry google translate is bad translator ^^

volcol

I'm pretty sure the PIAT was the main AT device used by the British at this point in the war. I know the Boys was still in service elsewhere (pacific theater/burma etc) and had seen a lot of service in Europe during the early war (battle for France etc) but it was more or less obsolete and pretty much out matched by the German armour come 1940.

It was only a 55cal I think - which means it was great versus trucks and light armour - but pretty useless versus the heavier German tanks (Panzer III and upwards)

If we approach the Battle of France it'll sure see some action!

Wade

besides, if we want to be realistic then this would blast your shoulder in bits and numb and then the next guy in the squad is chosen to destroy his shoulder.. I would just stick with the PIAT

Troy

Yup, it would mangle a human, though this would most likely never be used against a single person.

VonMudra

Um, considering how AT rifles were meant to be used, they were INVARIABLY used against single people. Remember, the main idea was to shoot through the tank and into the crewman behind the armour plate. Also they found a good calling shooting at APCs, AT guns, and bunkers.

Wade

of course but considering how many were used and implant that in a game and you probably will get a number that is not really realistic to be on a battlefield

VonMudra

As I noted, it simply isn't going to be ingame unless TW in the dark distant future got to 1940 France or 1940-42 Africa.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
I can only dream of a 1940 France scenario. Let it be known I am ready to bribe team members.

Status
Not open for further replies.