• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Arma 3 Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moody

Anyone else is stoked as I am about this? I'm not a fan of the near-future direction they took with the content, but I think the game itself is going to be quite outstanding.

I play in a Canadian unit for Arma 2 right now using Canadian gear/tactics/terminology, and am pretty excited to start playing on Arma 3 once we get the weapons and kit ported over. Here's a video of an op we did not too long ago (from my perspective): [video=youtube;nOaV_j9T_gc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOaV_j9T_gc[/video]

Full moddability even from the alpha is gonna mean that mods can start working on the game right off the bat. I would expect to see releases of mod content and mission packs in the alpha no later then 1 or 2 months after it's release. I think that the addition of physics, AI improvements, and overall smoothing of game mechanics and UI is gonna all combine to make this my most played game of this year, I already have roughly 800 hours logged on arma 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.